Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers you met in person

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao, bobby pacquiao, MAB, Clottey, gerry penalosa, jose benavidez. i gotta add roach and manny steward, got a nice lil interview with steward before the pac-clottey fight

Comment

Shoop Da Whoop meet Slap Happy Susan at the special Olympics

Comment

I met Paulie Malignaggi, Allan Green and Dominic Guinn a few years back at the Taylor-Froch fight at Foxwoods. I also met Mickey Ward a few summers back at a local club fight. All guys (except) Green were pretty affable and down to earth..

Comment

I met Winky Wright at Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport on my way to Vegas for a convention in 2009. I was with my friend and uncle, we were waiting for our plane to arrive at the boarding gate. Winky Wright walks up with a friend and sits down 9 seats away from me. He was taking the same flight to Vegas to conclude his training for the Paul Williams bout. Out of around 30 people that was there waiting, only me and 3 other people recognized him. I shook his hand and told him good luck. My friend thought he was a MMA fighter.

Comment

I met Paul Williams at a BP gas station on new years day, like 3:30 AM here in the city where he is from. I asked him who he was gonna fight next (this was after the Verno Phillips scrap) told me that he was going to fight either Winky Wright, Sergei Dzizdrick (sp) or Kelly Pavlik.. Also mentioned that a fight between he and Jermain Taylor may be on the table later in the year if he didnt move up to 168lbs (which he did)...Obviously he fought Winky, but either fight would have been cool with me..

He's really friendly honestly, and he is 6'3 EASY. Im 6'1 and some change, and I couldnt look at him eye to eye lol.

Comment

Met Oscar (prick) and Tito (awesome).

Comment

I met roy jones when I was like 12 when he was promoting the Glen Kelly fight in south beach. I got his autograph on one of the promo cards..

he was a real cool dude. He was talking to my dad, but he saw me and he said "that your son? he looks like he can fight too" I was a big 12 year old and I have have really big hands lol..

that's all I remember because I didn't really know who he was, but my dad was acting like he was a big deal.

Comment

Zab Judah, Paulie Malignaggi, Luis Collazo, Ivan Calderon, Kendall Holt, and Nate Campbell.

Comment

I met Carl Froch in a gym in nottingham.

I used to know Lee Swaby (british domestic guy that fought tyson fury when fury uppercut himself) he lived in Lincoln where i lived, used to see him out all the time

Comment

Fernando Vargas

Really laid back, cool guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X