Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont negotiate with terrorists

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i know i'd be singing a different tune if it was my family being ransomed, but that guy just single handedly created a boatload of new pirates.
      This is what makes it a VERY difficult situation to comment on, do you pay up and help the victims to be freed, or should you just ignore it as paying them will help it rise, potentially resulting in the victims death somewhere down the line. On the one hand you can't just play into their hands, on the other you can't put a price on someones life.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        I think its a private vessel, rather then a Pakistani naval vessel.

Pakistan is NOT tied to the pirates. Why would they kidnap Pakistanis if that was the case?
        whose waters was it where the kidnapping took place?

and how do we really know the pakistani coast guard is not conniving with those somalis? the value of money in the third world is astronomical my man...

but yea, i suppose maybe thats just the cynic in me spewing conspiracies...
        Last edited by talip bin osman; 05-16-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

People must recall that although 'semi industrialized', Pakistan is a developing country and such generosity isnt always common in the developing world. He is paying out of patriotism, to save - in his words - his 'brothers'.

Yes, some are saying "dude, what a bad precedent", but some are hailing him for using his vast wealth in a country with many poor people- for someone else's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
            People must recall that although 'semi industrialized', Pakistan is a developing country and such generosity isnt always common in the developing world. He is paying out of patriotism, to save - in his words - his 'brothers'.

Yes, some are saying "dude, what a bad precedent", but some are hailing him for using his vast wealth in a country with many poor people- for someone else's benefit.
            Yeah it was VERY generous, to pay out $15,000,000 of your own money... can't fault the guy for that.

Comment

The ship, MV Albedo, is Malaysian. I guess like many merchant ships, it has crewmen of all states working on it.

Perhaps Malaysian insurance didnt want to or couldnt pay.

Comment

SEAL ream 6 shot abunch of those pirates. Hell a few years ago they took a ship loaded with old soviet tanks

Comment

If these guys are saved, I wonder if Egyptian or Lebanese business moguls will pay up for their countrymen?

Comment

Where are the damn navies???

AFAIK this age we live in.......you cant really shoot at pirates?

Man they should just send out a dozen warship out there and just blast them...

They should just have a bunch of frigates with HELO pads on them so if they get a call the chopper can get there quickly and blast them.

Or simply arm the crew with weapons...or at least have say 2 men on board with some kinda arms to blow them up in their little boats.
                    Last edited by Banderivets; 05-16-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

The pirates are a global menace. There should be a major campaign against them by the UN.

Comment

Working...
                      X