Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disagree or agree on giving Floyd credit for a Martinez fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Stop giving Pac the DUCK pass of the century , PAC WILL NOT FIGHT COTTO WITHOUT A CW = FACT , Pac is fake !!!
    Reality is Pac will fight Cotto without a CW, he is perfectly willing to fight Cotto at 147. Its not Pacs fault Cotto has gone up a divison to avoid Pac at WW.

Its floyd who wants a 154 CW to fight Sergio rather than fight him at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      I'm really laughing at people saying they'd give Floyd credit. It'll be the exact same situation with Mosley, difference is Mosley came off a great win, called out Floyd after the Marquez fight and everyone was all over Floyd saying he was scared of Shane.

Then what happens? The fight gets signed, Floyd dominates now all of a sudden Mosley was old.

lmao, boxing fans.
      You already know the deal when it comes to floyd: haters pick a guy he hasn't fought, over rate them, call floyd a ducker etc., fight gets made and floyd is the overwhelming favorite, floyd beats the guy easily, then there was either something wrong with the guy or they come up with another name.

Same stuff different day!

Comment

I'm really laughing at people saying they'd give Floyd credit. It'll be the exact same situation with Mosley, difference is Mosley came off a great win, called out Floyd after the Marquez fight and everyone was all over Floyd saying he was scared of Shane.

Then what happens? The fight gets signed, Floyd dominates now all of a sudden Mosley was old.

lmao, boxing fans.
        Mosley was just a shot power puncher and not much else.

Martinez on the other hand is an absolute Lion on all fronts. He controls the tempo of the fight and has impeccable footwork, output and is an excellent hands-down counter puncher. He forces his opponents into an exchange, and is overall of the most stylistic fighters in the sport.

If Floyd fought and beat Sergio I would give him endless credit.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Reality is Pac will fight Cotto without a CW, he is perfectly willing to fight Cotto at 147. Its not Pacs fault Cotto has gone up a divison to avoid Pac at WW.

Its floyd who wants a 154 CW to fight Sergio rather than fight him at 160.
          154 is not a CW, it's a weight class.

The only people that wouldn't give him credit for beating Sergio Martinez at 154-160 are bias Floyd haters, plain and simple. Same thing when people didn't give him credit for beating Ricky Hatton, and same thing with people not wanting to give Manny credit if he beats Bradley.

I've never seen a fighter other than Floyd that gets no credit for his good wins and people change their mind on the situation once Floyd signs to fight them.

With Genaro Hernandez, first it was Genaro is the best SFW in the world hands down. Floyd beats him and now Genaro was old and past it.

With Corrales, first it was Corrales is a huge fight and he's the #5 P4P fighter in the world. Now, people just forget how big of a win that was and Diego went on to beat the likes of Freitas, Casamayor, and Castillo after he lost to Floyd.

With Castillo, it was Castillo is the best LW of his era and the best LW in the world. Now, people just forget that, even though Castillo went on to beat Lazcano, Casamayor, and Corrales after fighting Floyd.

With Hatton, first it was Hatton is the #8 P4P fighter, unbeaten, a huge fight with Floyd. After Floyd TKO'd him, it was "Hatton was never that good anyway". But, then when Pac beat him, Hatton was a great fighter once again.....

With Marquez, I admit that I did not like the fight at first. And even after Floyd dominated him, I was like "Yes, Marquez is one of the best in the world and Floyd is the first to convincingly beat him, but it was at 144 lbs". But, even the most bias Floyd haters have to give Floyd at least some credit after seeing JMM arguably beat Manny at 144, while being over 2 years older than when he fought Floyd.

With Mosley, first it was "Mosley just knocked Margarito out, he's the best WW aside from Floyd and Manny, no way Floyd fights him. Floyd will duck Mosley, he's too much of a risk". Than, Floyd signs to fight him, and it's "Shane is old and past it". Yes, Shane was past his prime but it was still a good win given what Shane had done going into the fight.

With Ortiz, first it was "Ortiz just whupped Berto, he's way too much of a risk for Floyd. He's young and explosive, and he's an explosive southpaw with power, Floyd won't fight him". Floyd signs to fight him and it becomes "Ortiz is young and green at 24, he's a cherry pick".

Now with Cotto, when it was rumored that Floyd-Canelo was about to be signed, it was "Floyd should fight Cotto at 154, he's going to duck Cotto and fight a green Canelo". Floyd surprises people and fights Cotto at 154, and now it's "Floyd is fighting Cotto at 154 because he knows he can beat Cotto now, after Pac already did".

It's ridiculous.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Yeah, I have no doubt that the "He's old" line will be dropped if he were to get the win.

Either way, I still want to see the fight.
            It'd be irrelevant since Floyd is only two years younger than Sergio. That "He's old" line would only shows what sore of losers they really are.

Comment

Sergio isn't a normal 37. He's like a 37 year old that is currently around 30 or so if he was a normal case. Sergio arguably hit his prime in 2008, at the age of 33. Sergio still looks as quick as ever, still as strong as ever. Sergio is still the man, I think people underrated Matthew Macklin too much on here. I picked a 10th round KO going into the fight, but I did say over and over that I wouldn't be surprised if it went the distance and if Macklin gave Sergio fits at points in the fight. Macklin did beat Felix Sturm, regardless if he got the decision or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                It'd be irrelevant since Floyd is only two years younger than Sergio. That "He's old" line would only shows what sore of losers they really are.
                It's true. Floyd is also pretty old.

Comment

It's true. Floyd is also pretty old.
                  sergio is on roids

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
                    sergio is on roids
                    Funny you say this, I'm already seeing excuses being made for Sergio.

Comment

lmao, boxing fans.
                      Regardless of who Floyd fights, he won't be given credit. Pac was to small, Martinez was too old, etc etc

Comment

Working...
                      X