Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Hopkins Tops My List For Cleverly in Wales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Hopkins Tops My List For Cleverly in Wales

LAST Saturday Wales had the disappointment of losing to France in the rugby World Cup but found a true champion in Nathan Cleverly.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I'm quite sure Ex is at the top of mostly ALL the lists at 175....he's the biggest name in the division and he's dam near 50....thats too good to be true for a dude like Frank lol.....anyway, get Clev in there with Cloud...if he's too young and strong...then what 'bout Pascal....can make a few comparisons with him....see if Clev can beat him worst than Froch and Ex did....or see if Clev can beat Dawson worst than Pascal....make Clev interesting to the old vet....c'mon Frank, you know Ex only take candy from babies who have some what sweet resumes lol....on the flip, that Clev-Bellew scrap was sicker than sick....wicked!!!!...loved every minute of every round...them dudes went to war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        I'm quite sure Ex is at the top of mostly ALL the lists at 175....he's the biggest name in the division
        That literally means nothing as Hopkins just fought on PPV against the #2 LHW in the world and probably sold about 1,000 PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
          That literally means nothing as Hopkins just fought on PPV against the #2 LHW in the world and probably sold about 1,000 PPVs.
          ppl don't look back on the number of PPV's you sold or how many ppl bought tickets to ya fights....they look at who you fought and who you beat....thats it..the name BERNARD HOPKINS puts weight on ya resume....ask Chad why he wanted the B.Hop fight so so so bad

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            LAST Saturday Wales had the disappointment of losing to France in the rugby World Cup but found a true champion in Nathan Cleverly.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

even a 60 percent b-hop schools cleverly right now

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                ppl don't look back on the number of PPV's you sold or how many ppl bought tickets to ya fights....they look at who you fought and who you beat....thats it..the name BERNARD HOPKINS puts weight on ya resume....ask Chad why he wanted the B.Hop fight so so so bad
                So you mean he's the greatest name in the division. The biggest name in the division is Jean Pascal. Dawson wanted Hopkins for his titles, he wanted to be recognized as the LHW champ, that's why he really doesn't want a rematch with Hopkins, he wants to go against Pascal.

Comment

Cleverly can fight Hops next year - earn a good pay day and lose badly. Or he can build his profile, take some tough but winnable and learning fights.

Then he can pick up a bigger payday because he has a bigger profile and fan base and have a better chance through his picking up more experience of beating the legend.

Cleverly needs to step up his oppo now, but the saying run before you can walk comes to mind when you mention Hopkins.

He needs World level next that are a step up from Bellew but not elite. Step it up and progress and don't jump.

Makes me wonder if Warren has made some bad business investments that he's so desperate to put an inexperienced Champ in with a legend so soon.

Makes no sense other than Warren is desperate for money!

Comment

Hopkins is my all time favorite but he is beatable these days. There is no risk of ruining Cleverly by fighting Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                    X