Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Rounds will Trout need to get a win over Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone saying Haymon's got his back are delusional.

Trout's not his money fighter. So he beats Canelo, then what?

Floyd's gonna duck him. A fight with any other JMW isn't going to generate a dime.

I'm pretty sure, Haymon and GBP have worked out some specific clauses for this match.

If Canelo wins, Trout can still get on some HBO/Showtime cards, get 6 figure fights, and we move on. If Trout wins, "he's not messing this up for us Haymon."

Haymon: "Ok, but I want one of your bums for Berto. I also want 70% of the gate for that fight."

Comment

Trout will expose him in 12 rounds.
      If he dont get the decision the fans will still know the truth.

Comment

I voted winning 8 rounds would win him the fight for sure. They are fighting in Vegas not Mexico. I almost voted that winning 7 rounds would win him the fight but I am not sure about that. I am not saying all judges are honest but I think many of them are. I think more big fights are scored the way the judges see them than big fights that end up robberies because the judging was fixed. I am not saying it does not happen sometimes but not as often as some fans say. Canelo won't need any help from the judges because he will knock Trout out in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
          I think there are a group who are very against Canelo who will claim robbery regardless of how the fight goes. He may win convincingly or even KO Trout and they will still cry robbery. I don't know if the judges will tilt toward Canelo. We'll see. They won't do it just to ensure a Mayweather fight because the Mayweather fight is a pipedream, it isn't going to happen.
          Mayweather-Canelo is going down.GBP has had that in the cards since they signed Canelo.

Comment

8 rounds itsa rap

Comment

If canelo goes on to fight mayweather win lose or draw...and mayweather looks to have taken a close decision, will he get robbed so GBP can usher in th Canelo era?

Comment

trout would win it easily, most likely by wide UD, but hed want to make a statement

Comment

he is gonna need to have a dominating performance to get the nod, with the canelo/mayweather fight looming, they aren't going to want that fight messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    9 and up. Historically, whenever a "money" fighter has a huge upcoming fight, they'll do everything in their powers to give it to him.

9 and up. I guarantee you, if Trout wins most of the rounds, you'll here, "Canelo landed the harder shots." "The judges don't have the same view as the TV audience." "You had to be there, to actually hear the shots Canelo landed, it's different when you're there live."

9 and up, bank on it.
                    This says it all^^^^^^^^^^Couldn't be said any better. Mayweather vs. Canelo on Sept 15 represents a lot a money for Canelo, GB, Mayweather, and don't forget Al Haymon as well (so don't be so sure Trout has Haymon in his corner for this fight). Trout will have to DOMINATE this fight so definitively that the millions to be made from a Mayweather vs. Canelo showdown wouldn't be worth the bad taste of a robbery on such a big stage for the sport of boxing.
                    Last edited by hhwff3000; 02-17-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      He's in good hands with Haymon. The decision will be fair.
                      It seems like Haymon fighters often get favorable decisions. But in this fight I'm not so sure. Canelo is the golden child of GBP.

Comment

Working...
                      X