Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Bob Arum and Donaire avoid Guillermo Rigondeaux???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    At 122: Wilfredo Vasquez, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Jorge Arce.
    At 126: Juan Manuel Lopez, Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell Jr.
    At 130: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Adrien Broner.
    That would be a lot of L's in a short span of time for one fighter.

Comment

i cant see any reason why they wouldnt avoid him like the plague

this is a business, bros

risk against reward
      protect your assets

put them in a position to maximize profits

i can think of five or ten more appealing fights for bob arum at 122-126 or even 130

for one, you could lose
      secondly, you're not likely to look good in victory
      and of course there's that whole money thing that the promotors worry about

Comment

Hope not...I wanna' get on the Nonito train, but he needs to fight more and I wanna' see him fight somebody that has a real chance of beating him and will make him fight hard.

Is that Rigondeux?

Comment

out of all the opponents arum has mentioned he has never said rigondeaux even though that would be an in house fight, that tells you everything lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i cant see any reason why they wouldnt avoid him like the plague

this is a business, bros

risk against reward
            protect your assets

put them in a position to maximize profits

i can think of five or ten more appealing fights for bob arum at 122-126 or even 130

for one, you could lose
            secondly, you're not likely to look good in victory
            and of course there's that whole money thing that the promotors worry about
            I pretty much agree with everything you said, New England. It's been said many times already, Rigondeaux is "too much risk too little reward." The guy is just too skilled and too good for a boxer with only eight professional fights. Everyone knows Rigo is much more dangerous than his record indicates. Why put a potential P4P star in there with a "green" fighter who can possibly derail the "Donaire Express"? I would love to see the match-up, but it just doesn't make sense...if you're handling Nonito.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              That would be a lot of L's in a short span of time for one fighter.
              How would there be a lot of L's? Donaire would beat all the guys he just named.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
                How would there be a lot of L's? Donaire would beat all the guys he just named.
                There would be some risks in there.

You're going to tell me that Rigondeaux or Gamboa wouldn't have pretty decent shots at beating Donaire???

Comment

That would be a good fight. I would favor Donaire over Rigo though...However, after Donaire fights WV2 he's going to waste his time against F'ing Arce.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    Bob Arum will not make that fight because he's got plenty of fighters he can match Donaire with.
                    i agree. donaire is a tough fight for anyone below 130 but Top rank have plenty fighters for Arum to make money against Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      There would be some risks in there.

You're going to tell me that Rigondeaux or Gamboa wouldn't have pretty decent shots at beating Donaire???
                      Gamboa would probly be at 130-135 by the donaire gets to 126. Out of all the fighters you named I actually like garcia to have the best shot at beating donaire. But that fight aint happening and the reason wont have anything to do with arum.

Comment

Working...
                      X