Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: We Still Want Golovkin-Chavez, Can’t Force It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Loeffler: We Still Want Golovkin-Chavez, Can’t Force It

Shortly after Gennady Golovkin stopped Daniel Geale in three rounds, the middleweight titleholer was asked about a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who he had previously been expected to face this month. Except Chavez Jr. opted against the fight, citing issues with the offer he’d received from his promoter, Top Rank.

And so Golovkin’s answer was, well, that he wasn’t the one to ask.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm no Chavez supporter but this is the fight I want the most for Golovkin; followed by Froch, Alvarez or Cotto. Ward can piss off - he'd just make it an unwatchable borefest with his grappling and spoiling. I can appreciate the skill in doing all that he does (and I readily acknowledge that he is a supremely gifted technician overall), but that doesn't mean I have to like or watch his work. However, if he were to move up to 175, then I'd be more intrigued.

Comment

Not that I don't want this fight, but it doesn't thrill me. Golovkin would crush Chavez.

If GGG is going to move up, I'd rather he do so by testing the waters against Kessler or some other super middleweight that's actually good.

Comment

Chavez Jr and cotto. We get it team GGG. Don't worry-the standards your fans have for others apparently don't apply to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Chavez Jr and cotto. We get it team GGG. Don't worry-the standards your fans have for others apparently don't apply to GGG.
          lol you're really on the anti GGG campaign today. it would be refreshing if you actually liked an entertaining fighter that gets knockouts.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            lol you're really on the anti GGG campaign today. it would be refreshing if you actually liked an entertaining fighter that gets knockouts.
            GGG needs to be a black American to get his support.

Comment

Chavez jr is afraid of GGG we never going to see this fight!!he scare of GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
                Chavez jr is afraid of GGG we never going to see this fight!!he scare of GGG!
                Chavez Jr is recognized as having one of the best (if not the best) chins in the sport, much like his father. He was born into boxing with an all time great as his father. My guess is that he is not "scared" of Golovkin. It's business. His father got screwed by promoters and he's simply trying to make sure that the business aspect of this fight (or any other fight) is structurally sound. Nothing wrong with that.

Cotto is way way too small. He has a suspect chin. Golovkin would ruin him emotionally, much like Margarito did, minus the plastered wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Not that I don't want this fight, but it doesn't thrill me. Golovkin would crush Chavez.

If GGG is going to move up, I'd rather he do so by testing the waters against Kessler or some other super middleweight that's actually good.
                  Chavez is still the "Vaca de Dinero", so it greatly benefits GGG to get him in the ring, especially when others are chasing after him. I'd rather see GGG/Chavez than Ward/Froch/Cotto vs. Chavez. This could be 3G's SMW debut, and by taking down the cash cow, the other match-ups might be easier to make. GGG will have the juice after he kicks Chavez's ass.

Comment

Chavez jr thoughts.........

Cotto- 2-3 million $ , few diaretics ,no training, light puncher, big name

GGG-1-2 million $ , lots of hard training , heavy puncher, solid name

Lets think like jr for second. What would you do

Comment

Working...
                    X