No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: HBO Will Not Financially Back Ortiz-Marquez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: HBO Will Not Financially Back Ortiz-Marquez Bout

Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, says HBO will not financially assist Golden Boy Promotions with putting together a fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. Golden Boy's CEO, Richard Schaefer, was quoted by the Los Angeles Times as stating that "HBO would be on board" to help finance Ortiz-Marquez.

[Click Here To Read More]

true that

true dat

Comment

Showtime would back it.

Comment

i guess hbo is kissng arums azz,And want manny back.Its funny that people ripped the marquez-ortiz fight,Claming ortiz was to big for him.I guess ortiz would whoop mannys azz as well.

Comment

HBO already learned their lesson when GBP last PPV BOMBED. Less than 50k ppvs? Are you serious?

Pac vs Marquez 3 will happen next, book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            HBO already learned their lesson when GBP last PPV BOMBED. Less than 50k ppvs? Are you serious?

the very sad thing is that PPV was Amazing and if they rematch it I'll buy it again in a second ...

while Showtimes last PPV was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Link??????

Comment

We will see if HBO will back it or not. I'm dam sure ain't just taking bob word for it.

I think this might be a preemptive strike.

Comment

HBO learned a lesson when they financially assisted the Mayweather/Marquez fight. They have to make big lies to make people believe that the fight was a success...but all boxing aficionados around the world knows that it was a big loss. Who likes to buy PPV with Mayweather fighting somebody else aside from Manny Pacquiao. HBO lost a lot in that event. That is one of the reasons why Greenburg is now in hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Gutierrez View Post
                    HBO learned a lesson when they financially assisted the Mayweather/Marquez fight. They have to make big lies to make people believe that the fight was a success...but all boxing aficionados around the world knows that it was a big loss. Who likes to buy PPV with Mayweather fighting somebody else aside from Manny Pacquiao. HBO lost a lot in that event. That is one of the reasons why Greenburg is now in hot water.
                    Wow you must be new to boxing.
                    Mayweather vs Marquez did over 1 million ppv buys.
                    Why do you think Bob wants Marquez as an opponent?
                    Do your homework brfore you post crap like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X