No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz has the best homefield advantage in the world; Close fight no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycbgdogg View Post
    Houston should never be permitted to hold professional boxing events ever...

Last night was yet another black eye for the sport.

Damn those Texans.

Comment

Hometown yes anywhere else its a loss

Comment

I would like to see Juan fight in Houston for the atmostphere. Also with neutral judges and ref.

Comment

Originally posted by nycbgdogg View Post
          Houston should never be permitted to hold professional boxing events ever...

Last night was yet another black eye for the sport.
          why not..we sold out the 1st 2 fights...packed down this fight..we're averaging the same attendance as the vegas and ny crowds...have better judges i say..

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
            I am back from the fight and it was amazing. The atmosphere was like no other. Us Juan Diaz fans are the best right now in boxing if you consider Hatton and his fans retired. Hearing the crowd on TV did not do justice. We were much louder than that i thought. And every single punch Juan Landed the roof nerly exploded from the arena. Unless he fights Marquez there again, Diaz will always have a huge advantage with his fans here in Houston. Paulie got an hear full of boos from when he entered the ring until after when he was being a huge d-bag. The boos loud i couldnt understand what he was saying on the speakers.

Now for the fight. I believe the cut early on with Juan Diaz affected him and prevented him from getting into a rhythm. Paulie's speed and movement made it almost impossible for him to settle down. If you look at Diaz recent fights you saw how well he starts out every fight.

Anyways I feel it was a very close fight and could have gone either way. Juan Diaz landed the harder and more telling blows than Paulie. Paulie landed ping ping ping and boxed circles in the rounds he won. Diaz was snapping his head back with just about every punch he landed. He was even hurt and wobbled a few times.

Also imo if you are going to beat Juan Diaz in front of a crowd like that i think you need to do a lot more than what Paulie did. The crowd's reaction to everything really helped to sway judges. From what i saw Juan was getting hit but by nothing major or he would block them.

Lastly there were 3 scuffles in the crowd and 1 fight that looked pretty huge. One scuffle took place 4 rows in front of me in round 8 of the Guerrero fight i believe. I was sent txts of how on tv you could see the crowd looking away. In the major fight that was like 6 sections to the right of me the 2 guys were falling down rows fighting each other and one of them got stabbed. I am not sure if it was just 2 guys fighting it could have been more.

Anyways i hope this gets a lot of responses i really had an awesome time last night
            Excellent post. The announcers were totally biased towards their fellow New Yorker. I'm from NYC and I can't stand Paulie's road runner style. Diaz won the fight

Comment

I think it was a close call but like allways the Mexican never gets no credit for bodyshots, Diaz was hitting that body over and over I cant see how Malignagi can win the fight with just jabs and running.

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                I think it was a close call but like allways the Mexican never gets no credit for bodyshots, Diaz was hitting that body over and over I cant see how Malignagi can win the fight with just jabs and running.
                You are 100 percent correct. Those body shots made Paulie run even faster

Comment

Originally posted by TxHustla View Post
                  why not..we sold out the 1st 2 fights...packed down this fight..we're averaging the same attendance as the vegas and ny crowds...have better judges i say..
                  Yes, you have the best judges in the country.

Comment

I had Pauli winning 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                      I had Pauli winning 115-113.
                      same here, maybe even by 1 point at least.

This is BS at it's best.

Comment

Working...
                      X