No announcement yet.

Vargas vs Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
    I know im mad late, but I wish fights were like this now...
    i was lamenting the passing of that era just the other day to a friend.

look at the poor substitutes we've had latterly. for a young talented buck we get a guy like Canelo and for an established warrior of borinquen moving up to 154 we get a guy like Cotto. doesn't really compare.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      One of my all time favorites, too bad poor management on part of Vargas fed him to Tito so early.

We can only wonder what would have become of Fernando because he was ruined after this fight...

u guys say u want the best to fight the best then when they do its poor management..... ppl give broner hell or canelo but if a similiar thing happen to 1 of them I can only imagine ppl will be saying the same thing u just said in regards to vargas... so the question is... do yall want these young talented fighters to step up n class or not.... its 1 or the other, cant want both

Comment

Bazooka Ike Quartey

now there was a fighter. that gen kicked ass, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          One of my all time favorites, too bad poor management on part of Vargas fed him to Tito so early.

We can only wonder what would have become of Fernando because he was ruined after this fight...
          He beat Winky and Quartey before fighting Tito. It is not like throwing a Shawn Porter to fight Tito. That would have been poor management

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
            He beat Winky and Quartey before fighting Tito
            Yeah Tito made sense beforehand but it was too much, too soon in hindsight.. Quartey was a shell of his former self by then and Vargas didn't look too hot against Winky (although his performance gets underrated a bit). Trinidad, at the time, was a machine--world's better then both those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Yeah Tito made sense beforehand but it was too much, too soon in hindsight..
              just because of what a monstrous puncher Tito was, a responsible team should have waited on making a match-up like that for two or three years while Vargas gained more experience. TT represented a level of danger (of ruination, especially for a young man, even a precocious one like FV) that Ike and Wink did not.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                That Trinidad left hook was a thing of beauty,
                Sure was...

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  just because of what a monstrous puncher Tito was, a responsible team should have waited on making a match-up like that for two or three years while Vargas gained more experience. TT represented a level of danger (of ruination, especially for a young man, even a precocious one like FV) that Ike and Wink did not.
                  Yeah, it was definitely too soon for Vargas. But not for the fas - we got a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    yet a lot here say he was a 1 dimensional bum.

Being arguably the most dominant welterwight of all time next to hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                      yet a lot here say he was a 1 dimensional bum.

Being arguably the most dominant welterwight of all time next to hearns.
                      Trinidad had his weak points, but you really had to be a hell of a fighter to capitalize on them. he was awesome at what he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X