Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched Pirates of the Caribbean on a Plasma TV and was blown away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
    I didn't bother. I just bought a HD DVD player.

Honestly, I doubt any difference could be seen with the naked eye.
    Naw its a difference bro. A big one.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      the quality may be similiar, but the standard isnt. HD-DVD lost the war to blu ray. Do you see any new movies these days in HD-DVD?
      I think he means an upscaling DVD player.

Comment

Think Im gonna grab Avatar. I know that looks sick.

Comment

HD overall makes me want to eat it, literally. No, seriously. The colors make everything in it look like candy. Which reminds me about this past saturday night, when the color of Floyd's shorts was so vivid that my mind and mouth literally were craving for it. It was as if my mind registered the shorts as eatable candy. Very weird, yes, i just had to share it. It truly is eye candy and a very pleasing visual experience.

Also I have noticed that the PPV HD is superior to the normal HD provided by DirecTV (The ESPNHD, SHOWTIMEHD and so on and so on). I have yet to witness and/or experience the Blu Ray phenomenon as i don't own a Blu Ray player, which reminds me, i need one.

Comment

lord of thje rings

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Man that looked beautiful. Looked like the water was coming out the screen.

What movies are good to watch on a Plasma TV.
              I dont care how good it looks, i couldnt stomach Depp in those films.

I 2nd LOTR's.

Comment

Planet earth looks sick on such TV in full HD with a blue-ray!

Comment

anything with cgi or vibrant colors looks awesome......

and yes planet earth is orgasmic in bluray.....

Comment

Avatar, Transformers, Cytherea Is Squirtwoman 2

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                      the quality may be similiar, but the standard isnt. HD-DVD lost the war to blu ray. Do you see any new movies these days in HD-DVD?
                      Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Naw its a difference bro. A big one.
                      Sorry, I meant an upscaling DVD player. While I haven't watched anything on blu ray yet, I do know that there is barely any difference in 720p HD and 1080p full HD. Perhaps only a very slight difference if you were to stand very close to the TV. I used to drink Kool Aid too, but those days are long gone.

Salesmen trying to sell overpriced cables? I just bought the cheapest one, and my picture is fantastic. If there is a significantly better picture out there than the one I already have, I'll eat my hat.

Comment

Working...
                      X