Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think of Jermain Taylor's Opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    If Taylor was fighting someone like Howard Eastman, you would give him more credit than beating Spinks?
    Not at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      If Taylor was fighting someone like Howard Eastman, you would give him more credit than beating Spinks?
      Yes.....Eastman has been pretty damn good MW contender for many years.He has decent Power and a very good chin I would give him more credit for fighting a guy like Eastman than guys like Ouma or Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
        Yes.....Eastman has been pretty damn good MW contender for many years.He has decent Power and a very good chin I would give him more credit for fighting a guy like Eastman than guys like Ouma or Spinks.
        But Eastman has already accepted the role of stepping-stone (to Abraham, Miranda). You can't turn around and pretend he's a contender now. That would fool no one.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          But Eastman has already accepted the role of stepping-stone (to Abraham, Miranda). You can't turn around and pretend he's a contender now. That would fool no one.
          I think both of those guys beat Taylor so whats the big deal?He was only stopped by Miranda......I think when all is said and done Eastmans losses I forgt who his first one was to but Hopkins,Abraham and Miranda will be considered losses to great or very,very good fighters.

Comment

Eastman loss to Miranda is mostly his fault and they way Teddy Atlas predict it before the fight by saying Eastman have a bad habit of crouching down and he did that and Miranda paid his mistake. but he was controling part of the fight intell he did his mistake couple of times

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
              I think both of those guys beat Taylor so whats the big deal?He was only stopped by Miranda......I think when all is said and done Eastmans losses I forgt who his first one was to but Hopkins,Abraham and Miranda will be considered losses to great or very,very good fighters.
              I see what you mean from a boxing standpoint.

From a promotional standpoint it can't be done, though. You can pretend an underdog coming up in weight has a chance. You can't pretend an over-the-hill guy who has already lost to all the contenders has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                I see what you mean from a boxing standpoint.

From a promotional standpoint it can't be done, though. You can pretend an underdog coming up in weight has a chance. You can't pretend an over-the-hill guy who has already lost to all the contenders has a chance.
                I see what you mean as well......

Comment

Hopkins and Winky fights more than make up for Ouma and Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                  X