No announcement yet.

Why not Pac vs. Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    he's a different animal at WW then he is at 140 and is a tougher fight for Pac than Bradley is IMO. With that being said, Bradley deserves the fight and he is the best fight out there.

Still, Pac runs through Bradley in 5 IMO
    How is he a different animal? He still inconsistent, he is still a mental midget.

He showed how much of a mentally weak fighter he was against Floyd....Yea...Yea I get it, I get, that was against the great Floyd "don't call me Jr" Mayweather. We all know he is levels above every one else. While at the same time ignoring that Ortiz -being the mentally weak fighter that he is- lost his composure early in the fight against Floyd. Which is weird since that's when opponents usually do their best work against Floyd(early in the fight).

Also I know, I know, Floyd and Pac are different animals. The troubles Ortiz had against Floyd isn't going to be the same against Pac. At the same time ignoring the fact that Ortiz style plays into Pac hands.

Just one damn fight against an above average fighter like Berto. Made so many people believe that Ortiz all of a sudden became a different animal. But, he is not. Ortiz is not as good of a fighter as Bradley, not as consistent as Bradley, not as mentally tough as Bradley, and IMO not as versatile as Bradley.

And, Bradley intangibles, heart, and most importantly will to fucking win is much greater than Ortiz in that aspect. Ortiz is the Hispanic version of Clottey, of Judah of Dirrell, he is the same type of fighter. On the outside shows the tools to be a good fighter. But, doesn't have it on the inside. He just a good loser like Judah and Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      How is he a different animal? He still inconsistent, he is still a mental midget.

He showed how much of a mentally weak fighter he was against Floyd....Yea...Yea I get it, I get, that was against the great Floyd "don't call me Jr" Mayweather. We all know he is levels above every one else. While at the same time ignoring that Ortiz -being the mentally weak fighter that he is- lost his composure early in the fight against Floyd. Which is weird since that's when opponents usually do their best work against Floyd(early in the fight).

Also I know, I know, Floyd and Pac are different animals. The troubles Ortiz had against Floyd isn't going to be the same against Pac. At the same time ignoring the fact that Ortiz style plays into Pac hands.

Just one damn fight against an above average fighter like Berto. Made so many people believe that Ortiz all of a sudden became a different animal. But, he is not. Ortiz is not as good of a fighter as Bradley, not as consistent as Bradley, not as mentally tough as Bradley, and IMO not as versatile as Bradley.

And, Bradley intangibles, heart, and most importantly will to fucking win is much greater than Ortiz in that aspect. Ortiz is the Hispanic version of Clottey, of Judah of Dirrell, he is the same type of fighter. On the outside shows the tools to be a good fighter. But, doesn't have it on the inside. He just a good loser like Judah and Clottey.
      I saw alot of will in the Berto fight. Not only that but size plays into it. Ortiz is huge. I think he was draining himself some at 140 while I dont think Bradley will be a good WW fighter at his size. If those 2 were to fight I would pick Bradley at 140 and Ortiz at WW

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        I saw alot of will in the Berto fight. Not only that but size plays into it. Ortiz is huge. I think he was draining himself some at 140 while I dont think Bradley will be a good WW fighter at his size. If those 2 were to fight I would pick Bradley at 140 and Ortiz at WW
        Give me Bradley>>>Ortiz at any weight-class.

If Ortiz was more like Brandon Rios as a fighter. Then I would agree but he isn't. But, he is a talented loser like Judah and Clottey. Just like Judah fooled people with the 2nd Spinks performance, Ortiz did with the Berto fight. But, he is not a different animal. He is the same mental midget, inconsistent fighter.

If Pac hits Bradley and its not lights out, Bradley will still try to win.

If Pac hits Ortiz and its not lights out, Ortiz will fold it in.

I rather see Pac fight Rios over an F'ing mental midget already saw that in Clottey. Who also had the "size" BTW. I would say Bradley beats Clottey at any weight-class too.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Pac will do 3 times better against Ortiz than Floyd vs Oritz.

Pacquiao should ko Ortiz in round one if you look at his history.

Floyd SD Oscar while Pac made him in quit 8.
          Floyd ko Hatton in 10 while Pac ko him in 2
          Floyd almost ko by Mosley while Pac almost ko him and ran for his dear life.
          This is funny to me for several reasons...first De la hoya fight was completely different since Pacquiao drained Oscar to 147, a weight he had not made in years...second Mosely was dominated by Floyd in an actual fight where Manny showed nothing, although it was not his fault since Mosley seemed contempt with not fighting...ill give you Hatton because that was a devastating ko, but c'mon arent you forgetting Marquez? In three fights Pac has not shown he can decisively beat Marquez (see scorecards) while Floyd pitched a shutout.

To get back on topic...Ortiz wont fight Pac because Ortiz is with Golden Boy. Plus Arum will not let Pac fight anyone outside of Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            ortiz dont deserve it.
            Did Margarito??

Ortiz is more deserving than that bum.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Pac will do 3 times better against Ortiz than Floyd vs Oritz.

Pacquiao should ko Ortiz in round one if you look at his history.

Floyd SD Oscar while Pac made him in quit 8.
              Floyd ko Hatton in 10 while Pac ko him in 2
              Floyd almost ko by Mosley while Pac almost ko him and ran for his dear life.
              That's because Ortiz would be drained down to 142 or some gay mannyweight..

Floyd fought Shane and Oscar WHEN THEY HAD TITLES..

What did they have when that dumb dog-eater fought them??

NOTHING..

Comment

Originally posted by Ged21 View Post
                This is funny to me for several reasons...first De la hoya fight was completely different since Pacquiao drained Oscar to 147, a weight he had not made in years...second Mosely was dominated by Floyd in an actual fight where Manny showed nothing, although it was not his fault since Mosley seemed contempt with not fighting...ill give you Hatton because that was a devastating ko, but c'mon arent you forgetting Marquez? In three fights Pac has not shown he can decisively beat Marquez (see scorecards) while Floyd pitched a shutout.

To get back on topic...Ortiz wont fight Pac because Ortiz is with Golden Boy. Plus Arum will not let Pac fight anyone outside of Top Rank.
                "Hatton isn't the same since getting KO'd by Mayweather".....Freddy Roach

Comment

Working...
                X