Lennox Lewis Rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    Liston? You can't be serious?
    Have you ever seen Liston fight anyone besides Ali? Its really bot out of the question. I wouldn't pick him over Lewis, but Sonny was a beast.

Comment

It's very possible that Sonny Liston could beat Lewis.

Comment

Lewis doesn't have a glass chin but Liston would only need 1 punch to beat Lewis.

Comment

Why not?

Bro, Liston was a savage. Massive power in each hand, 84" reach with a battering ram of a jab. He would put Lewis away. No man bar Ali would have stopped Sonny from dominating the division for a decade.

Liston was unlucky in that he ran into the GOAT, but dont let that diminish his mad skills.

Comment

Watch Mercer vs. Lewis

Its clear that Liston would give Lewis a hell of a fight and could win by KO ... Ray Mercer was able to out jab Lewis and arguably beat him ... Liston has a superior jab in comparison and packed more power overall in his punches ...

Liston would be a nightmare match up for Lewis ... Lewis always had trouble with guys who could jab with him or out jab him ... Frank Bruno's jab gave him problems, imagine the number Liston would do on Lewis' jaw

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              OK, now justify that ranking.
              You seriously want me to justify this ranking?
              It will over flood half the history section. So I rather not.

I can give you a 4 page essay on the Golota win alone and over 50 news paper articles on how Lewis was supposed to get knocked the fuk out by Golota.

Lennox Lewis is #1 h2h and he's #1 in resume.
              Some of you might find this a bit hard to believe.. But Lennox makes Joe Louis look like an infant.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Lewis doesn't have a glass chin but Liston would only need 1 punch to beat Lewis.
                Bull****. Lennox will destroy Liston. Utter schooling. Liston is a rich man's Tua.
                Which means he wins 3 rounds instead of zero.

Comment

Lennox Lewis destroyed careers. That's what he did.

They weren't nobodies leading into the Lewis fight, but coming out of the Lewis fight they became nobodies...
                  Michael Grant was on his way to an ATG Career. Grant was a 6'8 super freak and had the most surreal abilities known to man. He was a giant that had amazing power and great foot speed. Lewis DESTROYED him and Grant went on to do nothing. Why? Lewis took his soul.

Golota was on his way to an ATG career. He DESTROYED Bowe, but after Lennox he became officially shot. Lewis took his soul.

Tua was on his way to an ATG Career, but Lewis dominated him and ended his dreams.

Ruddock was on his way to a ATG Career, but Lennox knocked him out and Ruddock was never the same.

Zeijko Marovic was an iron chin Eastern European God and was undefeated. Lennox beat him so bad he had cancer and had to retire. He would have gone on to an Hall of Fame career. Great fighter.

Lewis stopped 4 potential ATG'S and one Hall of Famer, Not to mention he dominated another ACTUAL ATG, tko6ed a 2nd, and knocked out a third.

Lennox Lewis is a great champion and you will show respect.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                    How high do you rate him as an Heavyweight ATG?

I have him #6 all time. or #1.

#3, Tezel.

Only Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes beat more rated Heavyweight contenders/champions, and Lewis' opposition was better than both Louis and Holmes in my view. JL is pretty much ahead based on achievement.

Great Heavyweights vs Top 10 Opposition (sorted by wins):

Muhammad Ali: 32-5
                    Joe Louis: 30-3
                    Larry Holmes: 20-5
                    Lennox Lewis: 15-2-1
                    Mike Tyson: 13-4
                    Rocky Marciano: 11-0
                    Evander Holyfield: 11-7-2
                    Joe Frazier: 10-4
                    Sonny Liston: 8-4
                    George Foreman: 7-5
                    Last edited by Hands of Iron; 12-02-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

For me, top 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X