Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lopez beats Ortiz, does he deserve a shot at Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lopez beats Ortiz, does he deserve a shot at Canelo?

If Lopez somehow beats Ortiz tomorrow, do you think it would be ok for Canelo to fight him?
    Yes
    38.89%
    No
    61.11%

No........

If that happens, more than likely Golden Boy will push back the PPV until October, have him fight James Kirkland.

Comment

As a Canelo fan.........both them ****ers are WWs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        No........

If that happens, more than likely Golden Boy will push back the PPV until October, have him fight James Kirkland.
        It makes sense business wise but if you beat a guy that was supposed to be on ppv, don't you deserve some of that ppv money?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          It makes sense business wise but if you beat a guy that was supposed to be on ppv, don't you deserve some of that ppv money?
          Yes. But if he beats Ortiz for the WBC Silver WW title, he'll get bigger and better fights. Alexander, Guerrero, Khan, he'd have plenty of good options. But Alvarez at 154??? I doubt it.

Comment

He'd earn a shot IMO, but he won't get it.
            He won't make as much money as Ortiz and that's how the game goes

Comment

No. Of course not. Would be a sham fight.

Lopez to small for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                If Lopez somehow beats Ortiz tomorrow, do you think it would be ok for Canelo to fight him?
                Sure, why not? I mean it's not like Canelo is an established, elite fighter now so if Lopez wins, let him have his shot. Canelo would break him in half though, KO in 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  No. Of course not. Would be a sham fight.

Lopez to small for Canelo.
                  Definitely agree there

Comment

This is like the same rules as the Sergio Thompson vs. Jorge Linares fight had. If Linares beat Thompson he would go on to rematch DeMarco. If Thompson wins he would be ignored by the WBC. Same with Ortiz-Lopez just it's Golden Boy. If Ortiz beats Lopez he goes on to fight Canelo. If Lopez beats Ortiz he will be ignored his shot to Canelo by Golden Boy. A shot at Canelo only applies to Ortiz as it did in the Thompson-Linares fight.
                    Lopez is also a bit small. Ortiz is more of a WW than a SWW. I don't expect Lopez to beat Ortiz either. I doubt he wins a clear round. Ortiz will be much bigger than him on fight night. Victor Ortiz is not Jessie Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                    X