Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can enjoy boxers that arent brawlers, but I just cant enjoy watching ward's holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just like Tito low blowing Vargas... He knew, even if he got caught it would be at worst 2 points deducted, at best a firm warning... So he did it...

He used the resources the boxing rules left him and saved his career... You hardly here any crying about Tito (other than Mexicans)

YOU WOULD TOO

Comment

2 rounds in the and the ref is only talking to Edwin about holding, smfh...

Comment

It is boring when one guys is doing what ever he wants while the other guy just can't do anything, he can't even land a clean punch

Do I blame Ward For That...FUK NO! THIS IS BOXING, great fighters find a way to deal with ALL STYLES, only person I see Push Ward Back and got Rough Inside with him was Sakio Bika, others just kinda allow him to Bully them inside because they never learned how to fight inside

Comment

I love watching Ward fight and don't think he does anything excessively. He didn't deserve any point deductions either.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            It is boring when one guys is doing what ever he wants while the other guy just can't do anything, he can't even land a clean punch

Do I blame Ward For That...FUK NO! THIS IS BOXING, great fighters find a way to deal with ALL STYLES, only person I see Push Ward Back and got Rough Inside with him was Sakio Bika, others just kinda allow him to Bully them inside because they never learned how to fight inside
            Rodriguez wasn't going to be bullied on the inside either, but the ref wasn't having it.

To the OP, if you don't like it then don't watch it, because how else are you going to fix it?

Comment

That was a very exciting fight Ward is really entertaining he's a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
                Its just so boring and bad, i mean you could say that rodriquez caused it, but ward has been fighting like this his whole career. He is clearly causing it a lot of the times. Its why Hopkins never truely became a ppv draw. its not a good style, floyd is way more entertaining than ward. He either needs to change his style, or develop a personality, because by the looks of that empty arena he clearly doesn't have a big fanbase

And isn't holding illegal any?
                That's a misconception there, people watch Hopkins well into his mid to late 40s and they quickly associate how he applied himself in the ring to Ward. Let me educate you, around Ward's age Hopkins was a better more accurate combination puncher, he didn't need to tie his opponent's arm the way Ward does, Hopkins' inside game was predominantly two handed which can't be said about Ward. His footwork was also better, B-Hop would have out boxed Rodriguez without needing to tie up as much as Ward did. It would have been something for the casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  That's a misconception there, people watch Hopkins well into his mid to late 40s and they quickly associate how he applied himself in the ring to Ward. Let me educate you, around Ward's age Hopkins was a better more accurate combination puncher, he didn't need to tie his opponent's arm the way Ward does, Hopkins' inside game was predominantly two handed which can't be said about Ward. His footwork was also better, B-Hop would have out boxed Rodriguez without needing to tie up as much as Ward did. It would have been something for the casuals.
                  Ward didn't need to tie him up either. When he tied him up is the only time Rodriguez landed any decent punches. IMO Ward comes inside a lot when he doesn't need to, he did the same against Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Ward didn't need to tie him up either. When he tied him up is the only time Rodriguez landed any decent punches. IMO Ward comes inside a lot when he doesn't need to, he did the same against Froch.
                    Defensively Ward feels more comfortable on the inside which is why his game is mostly based on getting in, tying his opponent up and working the other arm. He can't be touched, especially against those who can't fight on the inside. You can say he doesn't need to, you may very well be right but that Ward's comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      Defensively Ward feels more comfortable on the inside which is why his game is mostly based on getting in, tying his opponent up and working the other arm. He can't be touched, especially against those who can't fight on the inside. You can say he doesn't need to, you may very well be right but that Ward's comfort zone.
                      Fully agree. He like it in there lol, but if he stayed on the outside where he has been vastly superior to the likes of Abraham and Froch he would probably be a bigger attraction at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X