No announcement yet.

A Solution for Amateur Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The solution for every flaw in every scoring system in boxing is to knock your opponent the fu*k out.

Hopefully with no headgear we see more KO's in 2016.
    That's right. But, the idea that is brought up is great. I always wondered why they didn't use some instruments and sensors to measure punch output, punches landed, punch force, etc. This is a great idea. It would be great to implement in both amateur and professional boxing, though.

Comment

At end of the day, a GREAT fighter will find a way to win regardless. There's a reason that that some of the ATG have been Olympic gold champs...

Wlad
      Lennox
      Ali

etc. When you got that pedigree you will find a way to adjust and win in AM system...

Some of these robberies happen because fighters not that dominant that its so obvious. The truly talented will get it done...

Comment

i love the golden gloves, juniors, amateur, olympic boxing. but as long as there are not fighters from cuba, us, russia the governing bodies don't care.

Comment

I guess i'm one of the few who feel there is nothing wrong with it. Its just up to the fighters to adjust to this new system and fight the way they're supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            At end of the day, a GREAT fighter will find a way to win regardless. There's a reason that that some of the ATG have been Olympic gold champs...

Wlad
            Lennox
            Ali

etc. When you got that pedigree you will find a way to adjust and win in AM system...

Some of these robberies happen because fighters not that dominant that its so obvious. The truly talented will get it done...
            While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying, that really isn't the case exactly. Look at Roy Jones for example, he was completely and utterly, inexcusably robbed of a gold medal win against Park Si Hun. Roy turned out to be not only one of the best fighters in professional boxing, but a multi-divisonal champion with virtually incomparable speed and athleticism.

Roy dominated Si Hun, completely dominated him. There was LITERALLY no way you could excuse that. So, really, while I agree with "Great fighters find a way to get it done" that's not the case a lot of the time. I mean, look at the robberies we've had just recently in the pro's. INEXCUSABLE. There was NO way you could make a case for Rios to have even scored a draw against Abril, let alone a "win". There was NO way you could make a case for Williams scoring a win over Lara, and the list goes on.

So, like I said, while I agree with the general idea of what you're saying, a win is a win, a robbery is a robbery, and it's not fair to put blame on the fighters when the case is really incompetence, and so much as corruption on the judges part. If a fighter shows up, does his job, and technically wins a fight, the judges should at the very least do THEIR job, it's not that hard, and there job is even easier when you compare it to the fighters job. Just my opinion, though

By the way, Shawn, I thoroughly agree with your idea. I think that is a very valid point, and a great idea.

Comment

Working...
            X