Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddest moments in British boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Ingle v Mbulelo Botile Watson v Eubank and McClellan V Benn must be high on the list due to the aftermath.

But on a lesser scale, just moments that were hard to watch things like:

Benn quiting against Collins after being such a warrior through his career

Bruno v Tyson 2

Eubanks brave effort against Thompson in their second fight,battling on in a fight out of his weight class even though he was shot at the time

Comment

When Alan Minter got battered by Marvellous Marvin and the bitter beer bellied bums threw a hissy fit. That was a sad day for British society!

Comment

Originally posted by £for£ Champ View Post
        anderson premiership and cl winner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> el zahar nothing uFail
        Means nothing and proves how dumb you are. It is like saying Djibril Cisse i sbetter than Berbatov and torres because he is a CL winner!!!! Your logic is gay as it is a team sport.

Can't believe all these so called 'know it alls' didn't mention Minter getting battered. Maybe the digusting bitter loser hooligan behaviour makes them ashamed to be British?

Comment

The main ones that come to mind are:

The Watson tragedy

The Prince getting wooped by MAB. Hamed was an awesome talent and great to watch, but stepping up to the best in the business and being schooled like that was hard-viewing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Alexis Vastine;4103824

Can't believe all these so called 'know it alls' didn't mention Minter getting battered. Maybe the digusting bitter loser hooligan behaviour makes them ashamed to be British?[/QUOTE]

What kind of a post is that,you come across as a prick.

Its one of the top ones on the list but to be fair many like me had forgot about it and im sure alot on here were too young to remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
              The main ones that come to mind are:

The Watson tragedy

The Prince getting wooped by MAB. Hamed was an awesome talent and great to watch, but stepping up to the best in the business and being schooled like that was hard-viewing.
              i don't think the way he lost was as bad as the way he went into hiding at the age of 28. It was a waste of talent, as he would have had a better chance V morales, who was easier to hit and could not avoid getting into a war when he didn't need to. Also, I really think he would have beaten barrera if they fought 5 years earlier.
              Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 09-24-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

At least you had Lennox Lewis owning the heavyweight division, what more can you ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wire View Post
                  Yeah Mikey not winning a world title was sad. I was at Chi 1 and 2 and the Harrison fight, gutted each time. Against Chi I thought he should have got the decision the first time, but what can you say. The second time I was really gutted for ages, it ruined the whole night lol. It said a while back in boxing news that he was coming back, anyone know anything about that?
                  i honestly cant see mikey having the heart for a comeback mate, although heart is the wrong word because he was full of it, i just reckon he was training in the gym as most old pro's do and the boxing press made up their own story.
                  mikey might even have been winding them up a bit about it but he's too rusty and long in the tooth for a legit comeback.
                  if he has any future in the game it will be on an advisory level i.e trainer promoter.
                  and i for one would love to see him back!
                  but truth be told i really doubt that we will ever see him again.

Comment

THE SCHOOLING FLOYD GAVE RICKY!! LOL
                    I WAS JUST SO HAPPY TO SEE SO MANY DISAPPOINTED BRITISH FANS! I LIKE RICKY THO

Comment

Working...
                    X