Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what y'all think of Cotto's footwork and balance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what y'all think of Cotto's footwork and balance?

because for the pac fight he looked a bit off in terms of footwork and comfortable balance...Yuri is quite a lateral fighter and cotto's footwork was excellent his balance was great for him too to really get in range and throw combo's...I was impressed, what you lot think?

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
    because for the pac fight he looked a bit off in terms of footwork and comfortable balance...Yuri is quite a lateral fighter and cotto's footwork was excellent his balance was great for him too to really get in range and throw combo's...I was impressed, what you lot think?
    Once I can get a proper download of the fight I'll let you know...

Comment

I agree with you, I didn't expect Cotto to match Yuri with foot worked he even outworked Foreman in that regard.

I was really impressed with Cotto..

Comment

I honestly thought that the Stewart pupil would fail...I ended up leaving the crib very impressed with Cotto.

The double jab was a thing of beauty, and his footwork was great.

He overall looked like a smoother fighter, and less robotic.

On the Flip Side:
        He is still a sucker for a right hand...His overall defense still looks a bit spotty.

Good win! I would like to see him against an elite fighter at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          I honestly thought that the Stewart pupil would fail...I ended up leaving the crib very impressed with Cotto.

The double jab was a thing of beauty, and his footwork was great.

He overall looked like a smoother fighter, and less robotic.

On the Flip Side:
          He is still a sucker for a right hand...His overall defense still looks a bit spotty.

Good win! I would like to see him against an elite fighter at 154.
          Agreed.

Comment

Superb job by Cotto as far as footwork, being well balanced when throwing his jabs and hooks, and an excellent job in cutting off the ring.

The Pacquiao fight was different because Manny was the aggressor in that fight and was the one cutting Miguel off. Manny also throws many more punches, is much faster than Yuri, and throws with much more power than Yuri.

Cotto looked good against Foreman, but another fight with Pacquiao would play out similar to the first. We'd see an off balance Miguel fighting while stepping back and on the ropes.

Manny is too good for Miguel and beats this version of Miguel just as easy as the first fight.

Comment

It looked good against Foreman but he was also pretty much in his comfort zone the whole fight. When somebody puts the pressure on him, eg Pac, it wont be as easy.

Comment

Working...
              X