No announcement yet.

duran vs leonard fight 2 (NO MAS MATCH)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dino
    arturo gatti can beat meldrick taylor tony lopez marty jacubowsk and roger mayweather u idiot..those victories meant nothing
    You have got to be kidding me. I agree that early in his career Chavez fought alot of nobodies, but chavez had little or no amatuer experience. Once Chavez beat Mario Martinez and became champion he fought alot of great fighters.

Comment

The rematch w/ randall wasnt a draw homey. Chavez won by technical decision in the 8th round. You guys are a proly jus a bunch of racists who dont even box,and think u know everything. U dont know shyt till u get in the ring, u might think u do but u dont. And even if Chavez' record was padded for 40 fight, what bout the next 50? Chavez beat all the best of his time. And whos the as$hole tryin to make Gatti sound good, Gatti is garbage, Gatti lost to Ivan Robinson twice and Chavez beat Robinson when he was like 1029 years old,thats the end of that argument. Chavez was great, why cant u racists jus admit that.

Comment

If anything I'd say one of his most significant fights (before his first loss) was against Whitaker and it ended up in a draw (some even had Whitaker ahead). End of discussion, he was a good fighter, but not an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Brelampago
          The rematch w/ randall wasnt a draw homey. Chavez won by technical decision in the 8th round. You guys are a proly jus a bunch of racists who dont even box,and think u know everything. U dont know shyt till u get in the ring, u might think u do but u dont. And even if Chavez' record was padded for 40 fight, what bout the next 50? Chavez beat all the best of his time. And whos the as$hole tryin to make Gatti sound good, Gatti is garbage, Gatti lost to Ivan Robinson twice and Chavez beat Robinson when he was like 1029 years old,thats the end of that argument. Chavez was great, why cant u racists jus admit that.
          No not 40 of his fights were padded, I just quickly counted the fighters he fought with losing records or 0-0 records, and it was around 40. Now if you start counting the rest of the guys he fought that had padded records just like him and the other guys with bad records, it should be around 65-70.

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus
            If anything I'd say one of his most significant fights (before his first loss) was against Whitaker and it ended up in a draw (some even had Whitaker ahead). End of discussion, he was a good fighter, but not an all time great.

Pernell Whitaker is one of the greatest fighters, ever. He's also one of the slickest fighters ever.
            Chavez loses to him (he did lose), so he's not great ?

Enadeus....I hope you don't think Kostya Tszyu is a great fighter, but Chavez isn't !

Comment

I guess all those years that Chavez was in conscenscus top tens (as well as on top) & winning multiple titles......that really wasn't happening ?

My God, smart posters making some dumb assertions the past couple of days !

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
                Pernell Whitaker is one of the greatest fighters, ever. He's also one of the slickest fighters ever.

Enadeus....I hope you don't think Kostya Tszyu is a great fighter, but Chavez isn't !
                Right, so if your going to hype up Chavez constantly you might as well give credit to the other great fighters like Whitaker and stop making a big fuss out of one fighters just because of his nationality. I never got into this argument before but I think its obvious what is going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff

Kostya Tszyu was destined to be great straight out of his amateur backround.

Comment

Right, so if your going to hype up Chavez constantly you might as well give credit to the other great fighters like Whitaker and stop making a big fuss out of one fighters just because of his nationality. I never got into this argument before but I think its obvious what is going on here.

I am a white guy, buddy.

IMO...Pernell Whitaker is a greater fighter than Chavez.

So, please.....you will lose this argument if you take that route.

Comment

Kostya Tszyu was destined to be great straight out of his amateur backround.

yeah......& losing to Vince Phillips & Ricky Hatton, didn't help.
                      Tszyu also never traveled out of 140, & his biggest win is over Zab Judah !

Chavez made numerous defenses of the 130 crown, before he moved up to 135....& destroyed a top 5 lb4lber, & puncher....in Edwin Rosario.
                      Chavez moved up from there to 140....where he fought meldrick taylor, the second best fighter in the world, & they fought in one of history's greatest fights.

Chavez is light years greater than Tszyu....& the only one with ethnic bias is you, a Russian dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X