Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If de la hoya went his whole career undefeated would he be GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If de la hoya went his whole career undefeated would he be GOAT?

And beating mayweather and paquiao by UD

inb4 Roman Moreno says NO and infact would be a borderline HOF

Comment

If he beat everyone he fought then yes he would be a Top 5-10 ATG but he of course, didn't beat everyone he faced.

If Oakland Billy Smith beat everyone he faced he be a Top 10 ATG also.

Comment

if pac is still undefeated right now and is proud of his zero like mayweather he would be considered an atg already the morales and the two unknown loses.

Comment

Yup. As it stands he's already an ATG and two of his losses came against a cheater.

Comment

I already consider Oscar an ATG fighter. If he ran the table on his career, he'd definitely be in the Top 10 GOAT, no doubt. But, he didn't.

I don't see how people say Oscar isn't an ATG. The guy did win 9 titles in 6 weight classes, or something like that. It was either 9 or 10 titles, can't remember.

He beat Bredahl, Campanella, Paez, Avila, Molina, Ruelas, G. Hernandez, Leija, Chavez Sr (past his prime), Gonzalez, Whitaker (past his prime, questionable decision), Camacho (past his prime), Quartey, Carr, Gatti, Castillejo, F. Vargas, Campas, Sturm, and Mayorga. He had questionable losses to Mosley and Trinidad as well.

So, obviously he drops a little lower on the ATG list because his big wins over Chavez Sr, Whitaker, and Camacho, they were past their primes. But, he still had a ton of wins against really good opposition.

Oscar is an ATG in my book, and I was never even a fan of him really.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              I already consider Oscar an ATG fighter. If he ran the table on his career, he'd definitely be in the Top 10 GOAT, no doubt. But, he didn't.

I don't see how people say Oscar isn't an ATG. The guy did win 9 titles in 6 weight classes, or something like that. It was either 9 or 10 titles, can't remember.

He beat Bredahl, Campanella, Paez, Avila, Molina, Ruelas, G. Hernandez, Leija, Chavez Sr (past his prime), Gonzalez, Whitaker (past his prime, questionable decision), Camacho (past his prime), Quartey, Carr, Gatti, Castillejo, F. Vargas, Campas, Sturm, and Mayorga. He had questionable losses to Mosley and Trinidad as well.

So, obviously he drops a little lower on the ATG list because his big wins over Chavez Sr, Whitaker, and Camacho, they were past their primes. But, he still had a ton of wins against really good opposition.

Oscar is an ATG in my book, and I was never even a fan of him really.
              People think Whitaker was so past it but he was still the #1 fighter when Oscar beat him.

Comment

He would definately be top 5

Bernard Hopkins, Pacquiao and Mayweather and pernell whitaker are the greatest fighters of their eras

(i thought he lost to sweet pea)
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  People think Whitaker was so past it but he was still the #1 fighter when Oscar beat him.
                  He was past his prime no doubt, but he was still #1 like you said. It's a pretty good win for Oscar, but one I thought he arguably lost when I first watched it live.

Comment

With wins over Mayweather, Hopkins, and prime Mosley, of course. And add actually getting the nod over Trinidad like he was supposed to.

A win over Pacquiao wouldn't have done much for his career cause it was a fight seen as a cherry pick. It would have been like Floyd's win over Marquez. Where Floyd doesn't get much credit because he beat a LW and he was supposed to beat Marquez regardless of weight class.

Comment

Working...
                    X