Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Ward beating Dawson at 168 was a lose, lose situation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward should have moved up and won the Lh title.

He must felt that 168 gave him the distinct advantage being that Dawson hadn't made that weight in 6 1/2 years.

Thats sad because the win is now tainted.
    Ward could have won at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      If he dominates Chad = Chad was weight drained

If its a highly competitive fight = he struggled with a weight drained chad

If he loses to chad = omg he lost to a weight drained chad

If he destroys chad = so what, chad was weight drained, Broner could have beat chad

And yes, some moron on this site said broner would have beaten chad..
      It seems ward is getting no credit whatsoever..gotta love boxing fans..

Eventhough Dawson said he felt great,looked healthy at weigh in and said he made 168 with no problems as he planned..

Even people who picked Dawson to win said he looked great at weigh in..

Yet Dawson loses, now he's a weight drained skeleton zombie lol..

Gotta love boxing logic..

Great performance by Ward
      of course its a lose lose situation for WArd.. why do you think Dawson and them wanted to come down in weight, so there would be all these excuses... but WArd didn't give a ****, he just wanted to get paid

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
        Ward should have moved up and won the Lh title.

He must felt that 168 gave him the distinct advantage being that Dawson hadn't made that weight in 6 1/2 years.

Thats sad because the win is now tainted.
        Ward could have won at 175.
        that's what he should have done. it would have looked better on the rezy. but, that's water under the bridge now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          of course its a lose lose situation for WArd.. why do you think Dawson and them wanted to come down in weight, so there would be all these excuses... but WArd didn't give a ****, he just wanted to get paid
          they didn't want to come down in weight. they wanted a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            What's that showing or proving? A lot of people just pick out of bias. I made a 20M bet on Dawson but if you got back to my PMs you can see I told the dude Dawson was not gonna win cause of his weight...

Bias is fun. We are fans so there is nothing wrong with a little emotion rather than logic.

I enjoy hating on Ward but I am realistic about it too.

I am sure despite all the things I hate, he's probably a really nice down to earth guy.

Comment

Yes to the TS, this fight was a lose-lose situation for Ward. The only way it could have mattered is if Dawson won. I've been saying this since Dawson foolishly suggested 168 to fight Ward after the Hopkins 2 fight. Look it up if you wish, the posts haven't gone anywhere.

Comment

Working...
              X