Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Neither was Roy.

Hopkins was ranked no1 in the division and Roy was no.2
    maybe by an alphabet belt, which means little since their records are terrible and also they flat out ignore the existance of the belts' champions. In reality, he was around 9th in the division.

good win, but Hopkins was not prime, and Roy being slightly not prime doesnt change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post

The problem is that the Castillo "win" is not really a win.
      How is it not really a win?

Comment

Roy could've had an amazing resume, not saying it's not great because it's pretty good but a lot of great fights weren't made when he was running the sport. You can say the same thing for Floyd as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          How is it not really a win?
          Cuz' Castillo won that first fight but was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            maybe by an alphabet belt, which means little since their records are terrible and also they flat out ignore the existance of the belts' champions. In reality, he was around 9th in the division.

good win, but Hopkins was not prime, and Roy being slightly not prime doesnt change that.
            Yeah, the sanctioning body was so bad they had the top two middles 1 & 2. Think about it. And no, neither was 9th in that division. Most of the guys who were considered ahead of them at the time were either out the door or...shouldn't have been ahead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Yeah, the sanctioning body was so bad they had the top two middles 1 & 2. Think about it. And no, neither was 9th in that division. Most of the guys who were considered ahead of them at the time were either out the door or...shouldn't have been ahead of them.
              I think he's right. I'm pretty sure The Ring had McClellan, Jackson and a few others a head of both Jones and Hopkins at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                Cuz' Castillo won that first fight but was robbed.
                So why are you assuming that I'm talking about the first fight?

Comment

They weren't the top 2 middleweights at the time. Revisionist history at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    I think he's right. I'm pretty sure The Ring had McClellan, Jackson and a few others a head of both Jones and Hopkins at the time.
                    Yes, they did. What I meant was that, in retrospect, the top fighters in the division were Jones and Hopkins.

Comment

hmm...debatable. Hopkins was pretty unproven. and although like you said a lot of them were out the door or changing divisions, guys like Toney, McCallum, Jackson, Kalambay, McClellan, and Johnson deserved to be above Hopkins at that present time.

regardless, the Hopkins win was very good, but he flat out was not prime. nor could we guarentee that THAT version of Hopkins could beat the above fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X