Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am leaving Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once of my co-workers at the Logistics job I had before going back to Grad School had moved from Vegas to T-Town after almost 20 years there. He said the crash ruined the city and he, like many, were slipping into bad habits due to the hard times. Wanted his family in a better environment and all that.

Good to hear you've made a positive move.

Comment

If you have little money you should try moving to a small town that's not too far from a big city where you can commute. It's far away but St Louis and Indianapolis are both cheap for major cities, just for a thought.

Comment

Portland or Seattle are good places to go to...big city, with the mountains very close. Lots of new jobs.

Comment

Have you really thought this out much? Seems like you are having a knee jerk reaction. There isn't **** in Vegas but think about moving elsewhere. Where will you work? What skills will you have that will land you a job to get you on your feet? NYC and LA are so expensive, especially NYC. If you live in the ghetto of the bronx it still is like a grand. Do you have at least 10 g's to stay a float till you can even land anything? Without a plan it will go really wrong and you will be wishing for your old life back.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2bBlack. View Post
            go to new york.. you wont need a car.. a car maybe a huge expense if living in a new city..
            Having a car in NYC is really expensive. I believe it is somewhere close to like 250-300 dollars a month. If you live in NYC the subway can take you anywhere.

Comment

I know around here in Philly its tough finding a career type job but there are some places that are hiring trade workers.

There are a good amount of low paying jobs like bartending security and all that stuff to keep you afloat and make some money before you find a bigger job though.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                I need to move,its not out of want i am stagnant here cali is probably where i will go my moms there and i have friends there.
                if u dont got face or arm tats i can get you a job as a waiter?

Comment

Working...
                X