Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez doesnt have any room to criticize Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he beat a prime pac and got a draw after being dropped 3 times.Hamed ducked him and what about after he beats diaz?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Sorry my friend Manny Stewart is on cam saying they AVOIDED Marquez. That word alone is enough to void any written article.
      like i said people can "avoid" or not like the "bad matchup" but the fight still gets made.

a lot of people wanted to avoid marquez......marquez is a bad matchup for a lot of guys but fights still get offered.

marquez was offered a fight......ignacio asked for more money. ignacio has a history of this. he's a great trainer but a bad manager.

now i think they're doing the opposite. i'm pissed off they took the juan diaz fight. GBP is selling out marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        Well he beat a prime pac and got a draw after being dropped 3 times.Hamed ducked him and what about after he beats diaz?
        then he fights Nate!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          now i think they're doing the opposite. i'm pissed off they took the juan diaz fight. GBP is selling out marquez.
          oooh yeah about that, sorry i havent responded. But I agree with you. I think GBP thinks Marquez is in the twilight of his career and they want to make Diaz a star by him beating the last guy that gave Pacquiao a hell of a fight. Diaz could be in the future for Pacquiao if he fights at least 3 more times. Since Diaz's career still has a ways to go, a fight with Pacquiao and possibly a win will give GBP a new cash cow.

Its possible.

Comment

JMM woulda beaten Hamed.

Comment

like i said people can "avoid" or not like the "bad matchup" but the fight still gets made.

a lot of people wanted to avoid marquez......marquez is a bad matchup for a lot of guys but fights still get offered.

marquez was offered a fight......ignacio asked for more money. ignacio has a history of this. he's a great trainer but a bad manager.

Whos going to take a fight in the last minute? It was offered but it was offered with not enough time to train, few top fighters take fights on short notice. And he wasn't the only one offered the fight. And yes, the money was not a great offer either.

But, as time went on, he still chased Hamed and well, as Steward has said "thats a bad style match up" so it got nowhere.

After all Marquez was number #1 for his title for years and never got another offer again.

Im not one to hate on Hamed, i think he beat some solid fighters convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                oooh yeah about that, sorry i havent responded. But I agree with you. I think GBP thinks Marquez is in the twilight of his career and they want to make Diaz a star by him beating the last guy that gave Pacquiao a hell of a fight. Diaz could be in the future for Pacquiao if he fights at least 3 more times. Since Diaz's career still has a ways to go, a fight with Pacquiao and possibly a win will give GBP a new cash cow.

Its possible.
                i want to see the diaz-pac fight too but......i want to see jmm-pac 3 more.

if it was up to me...... it'd be hatton...... jmm...... and then diaz but i'm not arum.

i think jmm should wait. he deserves a tuneup or keep busy fight. i know he's old but he's still hella good. his fights and style has kept him in great shape and not ring worn.

a pac 3 fight would be more $$$$$ than diaz and campbell fight combined. jmm should wait.

don't get me wrong i think jmm-diaz would be a great fight. as a fan i would definitely watch it but......for jmm's case......i think he should wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                  Whos going to take a fight in the last minute? It was offered but it was offered with not enough time to train, few top fighters take fights on short notice. And he wasn't the only one offered the fight. And yes, the money was not a great offer either.

But, as time went on, he still chased Hamed and well, as Steward has said "thats a bad style match up" so it got nowhere.

After all Marquez was number #1 for his title for years and never got another offer again.

Im not one to hate on Hamed, i think he beat some solid fighters convincingly.
                  it was as a late minute replacement? i didn't know that. if true then that changes it a bit then.

yeah hamed was good. he's very underrated. i think in this era only marquez , morales , pacquiao and barrera beats him tbh. that's not a bad thing.

in fact......the pacquiao at 122 and 126.....good chance that manny gets KTFO by hamed tbh.

Comment

it was as a late minute replacement? i didn't know that. if true then that changes it a bit then.

yeah hamed was good. he's very underrated. i think in this era only marquez , morales , pacquiao and barrera beats him tbh. that's not a bad thing.

in fact......the pacquiao at 122 and 126.....good chance that manny gets KTFO by hamed tbh.
                    Theres some good boxers at 122 126 that would give Hamed problems and im not sure he'd come out on top he'd have a lot of competition, but his power was real. I think Barrera gave more respect to Hameds power then Pacquiao power in there fights.

Comment

i want to see the diaz-pac fight too but......i want to see jmm-pac 3 more.

if it was up to me...... it'd be hatton...... jmm...... and then diaz but i'm not arum.

i think jmm should wait. he deserves a tuneup or keep busy fight. i know he's old but he's still hella good. his fights and style has kept him in great shape and not ring worn.

a pac 3 fight would be more $$$$$ than diaz and campbell fight combined. jmm should wait.

don't get me wrong i think jmm-diaz would be a great fight. as a fan i would definitely watch it but......for jmm's case......i think he should wait.
                      yeah i dont like this fight at all. In my opinion, I think Marquez still has enough in the tank to beat Diaz. You can lose your physical abilities, but intelligence will always be there. Just like Jordan started utilizing the fade away at the end of his career, a boxer can utilize new strategy to keep him in the fight. Another loss for Diaz would be tough to overcome again. Another loss for Marquez, well, that would be the end of the road for him as far as marketability.

We have to remember though, it takes 2 to sign a fight and Marquez's camp accepted the offer from GBP. I wonder how they sold them the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X