No announcement yet.

Which HBO commentator do you dislike most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Kellerman is easily the worst.

All the others are okay. I miss the commentary of Manny Steward and Larry Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Max Kellerman is easily the worst.

All the others are okay. I miss the commentary of Manny Steward and Larry Merchant.
      RIP Manny, BUT, he would always, always, always tell us how fighter A, can't keep up the pace, or fighter B is just waiting for the right moment to pounce.

Or go into the fight predetermining the winner, then riding his jock the whole fight, then back tracking around the 6-7th round.

RIP MANNY. Nothing but love.

Comment

jim lampley and its not even close. i find rjj commentary to be okay, kellerman has grown on me but lamps ... the guy stopped calling good fights more than a decade ago. missing what's really landing / not landing in the exchanges are my biggest gripe. if you can't do that, you're not doing your job.

"lands a big right hand!" sure he did, lamps.

Comment

"you're gonna watch lou duva go crazy now!... you're gonna watch lou duva go absolutely berzerk!!"

Comment

Max Smellerman. Truth be told, I don't have a valid reason for objecting to him. It's just that he always seems to support the guy I'm rooting against.

The best line-up was Lampley, Merchant, and Steward.

Comment

Beta Kellerman is annoying at times. Sometimes I wonder why he even likes boxing because as a man he seems like a non-violent, nerdish type. In saying that, some of his analysis is very good and he knows his statistics and the sport in general.

RJJ as co-commentator is good because he actually, seems excited to watch it ditto Lampley.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 02-04-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                "you're gonna watch lou duva go crazy now!... you're gonna watch lou duva go absolutely berzerk!!"
                and he was absolutely correct, that was nothing but a clear cut case of the WHITE establishment keeping the black man down.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                  I don't really like Jim Grey from showtime either.
                  He is very annoying. I'm suprised a fighter hasn't punched him in the face yet.

Comment

For me it's literally a toss up between Roy Jones, Lampley, and Kellerman. God they're all garbage.

If I had to choose one I'd probably say Kellerman, and I used to like him but his bias is too much. But I feel the same way to the other two, with Jones being the least garbage.

Larry Merchant was the only decent one in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by I.Afro.Man View Post
                      and he was absolutely correct, that was nothing but a clear cut case of the WHITE establishment keeping the black man down.
                      whats up with those ugly hoes in your sig?

Comment

Working...
                      X