Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez knocks out the catch weight,cherry-picking fraud by the 6th round.
    Body punching was sr's specialty and both of Pac's KO's against trike drivers come via body shots.

Comment

Chavez would kill pacquiaos body, if margarito hurt him to the body what do u think chavez would do?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        i've been thinking, what if a 2009 version of pacquiao (31 years old) went up against a prime chavez, sr. (29 years old) at 140 lbs. i try to add the variables and see which one of the two would reign supreme.

now, let's take a look at chavez, sr.'s strengths. he had outstanding punching power, remarkably strong chin, aggressive style and not to mention, his trade mark body punching which was arguably the best ever within the lower weight division.

as for pacquiao, he has knock out power in his left hand, an iron chin, relentless hi-octane style and amazing hand speed with exceptional footwork.

for me, i think the deciding factor would be the speed since both fighter have an abundance of power. i see the fight to be an explosive brawl from the opening bell with both men charging in head first and throwing eye catching power punches. chavez, sr. would initially take control of the center of the ring, while pacquiao uses his movement from side to side and try to push his opponent back with punches in bunches. the fight would continue to the middle rounds with back and forth electrifying action and no clear winner. chavez, sr. might hurt pacquiao with his devastating body punches but pacquiao fires back with 5 -8 punch combinations. i see a cut open up on both fighters and by round 10, both men would be exhausted but pacquiao would continue to let his hands go while chavez, sr. tries to keep up with the speed. pacquiao now takes charge and pushes chavez, sr. to the ropes with a barrage of punches and that's when the ref comes in to stop the beating. pacquiao by TKO round 11.

i'm just guessing here but pacquiao has an excellent record against mexican hall of famers. he wan't called the mexicutioner for nothin'.

your thoughts?
        I agree on your whole analyses except the ending. That was an excellent analyses actually. But I think Manny has a good chin but doesn't take body shots as well. And like you said, Chavez Sr was a devastating body puncher. Body shots slow you down in a long grueling fight.So, come rounds 9 thru 12, I see Chavez taking over the fight. I'm just the opposite. I see Manny catching a viscious hook to the body and dropping to 1 knee. He would get up just to be greeted with more hard shots to the body and head. Chavez didn't throw as many punches as Manny, but I still think he put more meaningful punches together in combos. The fight would get stopped in the 11th by TKO. Chavez wins. It would be so competetive and violent that the fans would demand a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by chavezjrmexico View Post
          We all know Chavez Sr bending was his best defensive weapon , didn't have to move around like other fighters do today! so his stamina and endurance takes his to fight 12 rds without a sweat....His best OFFENSIVE weapon was the body punch to the liver, that means his opponents would suffer the consequences of having their guard down and their stamina and also endurance down in late rds (like Taylor , Martinez,Rosario, Ramirez,Camacho and many more) So if Chavez would had fought Pac , which his most powerful weapon is basically speed and movement, in the late rds would basically would have had diminished (THAT'S WHAT BODY PUNCHES DO) and having one of the greatest KO artist of history what do you think would had happened? And don't tell me that Morales,Bradley or even Marquez were a better fighters than the great JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ Sr. (his son is a different story ,BUM) To mexicans Chavez is the like BABE RUTH OR JORDAN their legacy is unmatched!

i totally agree chavez, sr. is the best of all the mexican hall of famers and could deliver punishing body blows that can crack rib cages wide open. but during the chavez, sr.-taylor I, taylor was actually pretty effective in using his speed. now match that up with knock out power plus a southpaw who throws a lot of knock out combinations. pacquiao was notoriously known to have amazing conditioning but i suspect chavez, sr. would have given pacquiao his worst beating. this fight would have been the bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Chavez not as good at 140 as he was in the lower divisions but Pacquiao makes too many mistakes to beat him. Too many.

yup, pacquiao does tend to take a lot of risk. but just maybe, his speed combined with volume punching and fancy footwork would be slightly enough to trump chavez, sr. mind you, chavez, sr. was not known to have those qualities i mentioned but i do think the mexicutioner would have the worst beating if he goes up against the mexican legend

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Wow, so far we have Pac knocking both prime Duran and prime Chavez out at their best weights. Gets beaten by a 40 year old lightweight, can't knock out a weak punching Bradley or a 40 year shot to **** Mosley, but he stops prime Duran and Chavez? Ok.

Anyway, the speed wouldn't be as much of a factor as people think. Against guys who can slip and counter very effectively, and get inside using angles, rather than just standing in front of him, Pac gets lost, makes too many mistakes and just gets hit too cleanly. Chavez's defense very underrated as was his ring savvy and countering.

I think he hurts Pac to the body and really has a big effect on him that way and takes a close, but clear decision ala the first Morales fight.

Add this to Chavez' obvious offensive, power, countering, and other skill capabilities.

How quickly people forget.

maybe i was exaggerating a bit about pacquiao knocking out duran but duean does have a suspect chin and pacquiao has showed his power was a force to be reckoned with. i'm not saying pacquiao has comparable power to that of hearns but duran's brawling style would have played into pacquiao's hi-octane style.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                Pac would get toyed with until Chavez decides to ko his punk a$$$$$. Pac speed wont be a factor like people think. You have to have ring IQ to use speed effectively and pac already proved that his ring IQ is a joke that his speed was nothing against jmm. It is a clear mismatch. Were talking about a fighter that was supposed to be a two handed fighter and that he improved so much over the years only to get humiliated by an old blown up Marquez. Pac is a media hype created fighter nothing but a smoke screen fooling people into thinking that pac is some great fighter and I almost believed it until Marquez exposed him.

i see your point and i understand pacquiao has not produced a show stopping performance for a few years now. but maybe the 2009 version of pacquiao, well before all the distractions, like his womanizing or political career, got into his head and would have been able to focus all his energy towards the fight.
                pacquiao himself said he never had the skills to make it as a good boxer but he did say he had the determination to make it as a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  A more amusing question is whether Pac could beat the 160lb JCC Jr who is a come forward face first fighter who doesn't throw punches.

haha. nice one. we'll probably get another replay of the margarito fight. but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    I agree on your whole analyses except the ending. That was an excellent analyses actually. But I think Manny has a good chin but doesn't take body shots as well. And like you said, Chavez Sr was a devastating body puncher. Body shots slow you down in a long grueling fight.So, come rounds 9 thru 12, I see Chavez taking over the fight. I'm just the opposite. I see Manny catching a viscious hook to the body and dropping to 1 knee. He would get up just to be greeted with more hard shots to the body and head. Chavez didn't throw as many punches as Manny, but I still think he put more meaningful punches together in combos. The fight would get stopped in the 11th by TKO. Chavez wins. It would be so competetive and violent that the fans would demand a rematch.

you've said it pal. boxing fans will be craving for more if ever they face each other in the ring

Comment

bradley > chavez sr and pac

Comment

Working...
                      X