Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the 90's era had the most overall boxing talent in the history of the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the 90's era had the most overall boxing talent in the history of the sport?

From 130 to Heavyweight? Was the 90's era the richest in terms of talent alone?

Lewis,Holyfield,Bowe,Tyson,Roy Jones Jr, Whitaker, Toney,Nunn,Benn,Eubank,Chavez Jr, Oscar, Mosley,Trinidad,Lopez,Hopkins,Kostya Tszyu,Morales.Norris,Hamed,Daruiz etc.

The 60's-70's had great Heavyweights and some decent LW'S. The late 70's-80's was obviously packed with Welterweights (fab four) and a barrage of LHW Greats. (175), throw in Prime Tyson and Holmes.
    2002ish to Current Era got the Floyd-Manny-k2-JMM-Ward-Calzaghe-(Still Hopkins) among others.

I will like a boxing historian to break down 130-HW from the 'black and white days' as well. But I feel the 90's era overall was the most talent rich in boxing history.
    90's
    32.61%
    80's
    21.74%
    60's-70's
    15.22%
    Pre-60's
    19.57%
    Current (early 2002's to today)
    10.87%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM.

in before old geezers talk about fighters with no fight footage and how they would wreck any era.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      in before old geezers talk about fighters with no fight footage and how they would wreck any era.
      c'mon, we all know that black & white equals ATG.

but I guess if you want to say 1880 thru the 1950's then pre 1960 has a valid arguement

Comment

Well we don't know that for sure because we haven't seen every single fighter from every single era since modern boxing started[boxing with rules/gloves/time limit]. And I am not an old geezer, i'm 23.

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
          c'mon, we all know that black & white equals ATG.

but I guess if you want to say 1880 thru the 1950's then pre 1960 has a valid arguement

no not really.

athletes of today are bigger, stronger, and faster than athletes of the 1960s and down.

even the golden era of boxing was a ****ing fraud.

mob controlled fights and black fighters being screwed on a regular basis. all this robbery commotion that's taking place in our internet era is nothing compared to the regular travesties that took place during the "golden era" of boxing.

those crooked asses make bob arum and don king look honest.

golden era of boxing = fraudulent era of boxing.

Comment

The 90's went by well represented............Rockin'

Comment

The 40's.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Henry Armstrong, Jersey Joe Walcott, Kid Gavilan, Billy Conn, Charles Burley etc. etc. etc.

Comment

the welterweight division has always been good.

the Duran, SRL, Hearns combo probably takes the cake.

The DLH, Mosley, Trinidad combo was great as well, and honestly even today the Pac, May, Cotto combo has been solid as well, in years to come people will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                  The 40's.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Henry Armstrong, Jersey Joe Walcott, Kid Gavilan, Billy Conn, Charles Burley etc. etc. etc.
                  all corrupt, and mob influenced accordin to DTMB.......

Comment

90s sure has all the balls in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X