Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing history different: If Marciano fought Prime Louis. Frazier didn't fight Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocky marciano does NOT beat any other great from another era aside from maybe floyd patterson because of floyd's weak ass chin.

louis in his prime murders rocky.

i know it's just an opinion but is should be an outright FACT.

Comment

Prime Joe Louis would have probably knocked out Marciano. TBH I think Marciano is overrated, and he really made a name for himself by fighting Jersey Joe Walcott, and Joe Louis when they were old ass, gray haired me, shot, and just fighting for the money. Lets not forget Marciano was more or less being taken to school before he knocked out Jersey Joe. A prime Louis knocks Marciano out, and IMO makes easy work out of him.

On the other hand to the guy who said Ali's chin got better when he left his prime. This is not true. It's just that Ali would never get hit in his prime because he was too damn fast and basically good for the heavyweights then, whereas he slowed down quite a bit after his 3 year lay off, which robbed him of his true prime years, Be that as it may the Ali from the mid 60s would have fought Frazier in the middle of the ring, and would have been way too fast, and simply UD'd him. I won't even mention what Ali past prime or not would have done to any version of Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        rocky marciano does NOT beat any other great from another era aside from maybe floyd patterson because of floyd's weak ass chin.

louis in his prime murders rocky.

i know it's just an opinion but is should be an outright FACT.
        I agree he's not beating many modern champions but i'm just taking the underdog on this one via lucky punch late in the fight after being busted up each round.

Rocky was kinda a dirty fighter and Luis for all of the boxing skill everyone talks about was mostly a brawler himself.
        Sooner or later he's going to step into a Marciano elbow and maybe that will be enough.

StreetBully] I said it the other way around.
        Last edited by Stab Judah; 03-26-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Louis was so much better in his prime.
          Was that why he was KOed by Max Schmeling?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ironfist View Post
            Was that why he was KOed by Max Schmeling?
            And? Schmeling was one of the most intelligent fighting minds ever. And nobody would ever say that Louis was in his prime for that meeting? What happened in the rematch and the 25 or so subsequent fights after that first Schmeling fight?

Comment

i would pick louis to win, but i don't see rocky getting koed, and i can also not write off rocky completely. he was a tough bastard, and you never know for sure, but yeah smart money is on louis to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                And? Schmeling was one of the most intelligent fighting minds ever. And nobody would ever say that Louis was in his prime for that meeting? What happened in the rematch and the 25 or so subsequent fights after that first Schmeling fight?
                The above,
                and unlike Rocky (who I give massive credit for this reason), Joe didn't always train 100% for every single fight...example is the first Schmeling fight. Reason: Louis knew he was "Great" and like a lot of "Great" Phenom fighters, they can tend to slack off. On the other hand, Rocky needed to be in tip-top shape or he knew he would lose (even against his competition), so that motivated him to be at his best- always

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  The above,
                  and unlike Rocky (who I give massive credit for this reason), Joe didn't always train 100% for every single fight...example is the first Schmeling fight. Reason: Louis knew he was "Great" and like a lot of "Great" Phenom fighters, they can tend to slack off. On the other hand, Rocky needed to be in tip-top shape or he knew he would lose (even against his competition), so that motivated him to be at his best- always
                  Luis also gets a ton of extra credit for being America's champ during the wars.
                  I think he's been a little overrated over time by the fact of how loved he was by the public.
                  I do think that he was the best untill Ali but I do not think he would have beaten the likes of Foreman,Holmes,80's Tyson, and Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
                    Luis also gets a ton of extra credit for being America's champ during the wars.
                    I think he's been a little overrated over time by the fact of how loved he was by the public.
                    I do think that he was the best untill Ali but I do not think he would have beaten the likes of Foreman,Holmes,80's Tyson, and Lewis.
                    Louis would have some problems, true.

Comment

Working...
                    X