Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Canelo. How will their careers turn out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Canelo. How will their careers turn out?

Jr
    He's only 26 years old, he got schooled by the best MW in the world and he showed plenty of heart.
    What we do know about him is that he got a granite chin, an aggressive brawler personality and is obviously a super middle weight.
    I don't buy into the 'all the 168lbers will destroy him' theory. People forget that as he gets bigger and go up in weight it might actually be helpful for him since he no longer have to drain himself.

At 26, Wladimir Klitscho was getting knocked out by a 38 year old part time golfer (RIP, but it is what it is). Now he is arguably a top 10-15 Heavyweight of all times.

Saul Canelo seem like he got even more potential. He's even younger and look overall more skilled. Of course a Fernando Vargas situation can easily happen in which back to back Cotto-Mayweaather or Cotto-Martinez ruin him.

Overall
    I think both will actually be Hall of Famer caliber fighters.
    Both will become Hall of Fame
    9.09%
    Canelo will, but not Jr
    31.82%
    Chavez Jr will, but not Canelo
    13.64%
    Neither will ever reach Hall of Fame caliber.
    45.45%

Its different at heavyweight. Chaves just doesn't show a lot of talent. He lost every round to Martinez and to be honest I don't think Martinez is that great. Canelo has some promise but who knows how it will go when he steps up. He looked good in his last two fights and I think he's fought better comp then Chavez. He has the much better chance to be a stand out but Chavez in my opinion has no chance.

Comment

Chavez JR. is a bum! Dude is finished!

As for Canelo.... Say hello to the new face of Boxing!

Comment

canelo will beat pac, floyd and martinez next year, then in 2014 move up and beat ward. then he will beat carlos baldomir at light heavy(he will be lineal champ by then)

Comment

I voted for Canelo but not Chavez. I think Canelo is one hell of a fighter. He is ten times more dedicated than Chavez. Canelo will always fight at his proper weight and alway be in top condition. I think he will just keep getting better in the next few years. I like Chavez but he needs to show his father's dedication to boxing. I don't think he will ever have anywhere near the skills of Canelo but he is very brave and tough.

Comment

I neither

Chavez, has neither the tools or the dedication to reach that status. I could see him gaining one of those two things but to think he could achieve both is unrealistic.

While Canelo looks good to some degree, his level of competition is pathetic. In my opinion, if Canelo was the real deal, GBP wouldn't be so afraid to match him vs a live opponent. I believe they know he's a money maker but won't beat a real good fighter (Floyd, Pac, Cotto, Martinez) so their gonna keep him away from the Laras, Molinas, Trouts, Kirklands, and Vanes. In summary they are willing to let him get beat for big money, but don't have enough faith in him not to get beat for lesser money

Comment

Jr won't make it very far, he'll give acouple more entertaining fights and might even get a belt before going on a losing streak

He should avoid Martinez II, Golovkin and most of 168

Canelo has real potential. He actually knows how to box, he's patient, has power, speed, combinations, good body work. He's only 22 so if he takes his take time he can easily fight in his 30's

He seems to be rushing his career though. He's only 22 and already wants to fight the Martinez's and Mayweathers. He has a belt so it's fair play

Comment

HiFelix...

Comment

This is interesting. Canelo i think has a better shot, because of his skill set, and dedication. He may be rushing himself a bit, by already wanting to face the top P4P despite only being 22. If he beats them though it's huge and will prove he's the real deal and gonna be around for a long time.

As for Chavez, he is extremely tough, has a granite chin, has good power, has heart and is still young as well. The only thing that can derail him is his dedication, he doesn't seem to be 100% in it. I think if he moves up he will be much better, he will be a champ at 168 at some point in time. He can probably beat most 168 lber's besides Froch and Ward.

When it's all said and done though I don't think either of them will have Hall of Fame careers. I could be wrong though. We'll see.

Comment

Please, there's no comparison here.

Jr fought one of the best P4P fighters in the world and helped clean out his weight class.

Canelo fought the #7 JWW in the world as a JMW.

Need I say more?

Comment

Working...
                    X