Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Holyfield/Lewis draw atleast top 5 in the worst decisions all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I watched it today and it seems to get worse and worse the more I see it. I found it hard to give Evander 2 rounds and that from a die hard Holyfield fan. Thats the fight that showed me Holy was on the down swing from then on. He couldnt pull the trigger and ate jabs all night. I mark that number 1 that Ive seen. What do you think? Id like to be reminded of some worse decisions because right now I cant thinkof one that compares considering what was at stake.
    From what Ive actually seen, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Chavez - Whitaker.
      That was the second worse Ive seen. The worse was Jose Luis Ramirez -Whitaker-1 because Whitaker actually lost the decision. I'm sure there are others just as bad. But from what Ive seen that was the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy
        Lewis had opportunities in that fight and failed to take them i had it 7-5 Lewis... Their rematch was just as diabolical in scoring as Holyfield regrouped and was the clear winner 7-5.. Reid vs Ottke was the worst decision i can recall.
        The fight was supposed to be judged on whether a round is won or lost. Not whether you think fighter A. should have KO'd fighter B. Your agenda is as bad as those corrupt judges.Your 7-5 score in the first fight speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy
          What in your opinion did Lennox do in that 2nd fight to win?... it was the night he was supposed to shine like a star yet sadly it was the night he got exposed.. with Holyfield rocking & staggering him in the 7th round and winning the fight handily, the result was booed by the crowd.. after their first fight one judge (Eugenia Williams) was investigated, yet after the rematch ALL three judges should have been investigated.
          Its possible that Holy won the second fight but it was nowhere near the wide margin it should have been for Lewis in that first fight. Mind you now, I am a Holyfield fan and not a Lenox fan at all. I could watch that first fight 1000 times and never get a draw. I'll watch that second fight again to get it fresh and get back to you with numbers.

Comment

Augustus-Burton and Reid-Ottke were much worse robberies to me, because
            1. They flat out lost the decision instead of got a draw and
            2. They were robbed not only on the scorecards, but even in the ring. Augustus dropped Burton and it was called a low blow, and Reid was getting warned for punching.

on a side note, it seems a lot of people had Holyfield winning the second fight. I might go ahead and make a poll for that.

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
              worst I can remember was roy jones jnr missing out in the olympic gold that was just awful. But yeah Lewis clearly won that first fight.
              Yeah that was so bad that it goes beyond worst decisions.

Comment

Roy's was one of the worst travesties in Olympic history. I cant help but be reminded of Floyd's loss to Todorov. The ref raised his hand and then looked dismayed as they awarded the win to Todorov.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Roy's was one of the worst travesties in Olympic history. I cant help but be reminded of Floyd's loss to Todorov. The ref raised his hand and then looked dismayed as they awarded the win to Todorov.
                  That's one reason why I have very little interest in Olympic boxing.

Comment

All of you guys need to see Gabriel Campillo vs Beibut Shumenov II from January 2010. That is the worst robbery I have ever seen and probably one of the Top 5, maybe even Top 3 worst robberies of all time (I haven't had the time to see some of the fights mentioned in this thread but will make it a priority to catch them). I had Campillo winning 10 out of 12 rounds, a couple of them could have been 10-8 rounds because he was so dominant and I thought I was being generous with the rounds I gave to Shumenov. The guy got completely and utterly schooled, there's no way in hell that he deserved the decision. But Campillo lost his title via SD (117-111, 111-117 and 113-115).

Absolute travesty. The fight was not even remotely close. Campillo's promoter and Lou DiBella both stated that an investigation should be filed but amazingly the two judges who gave it to Shumenov (Patricia Jarman and Jerry Roth) are still judging fights today. Both should have been banned from every judging a fight again. I highly reccommend seeing this fight if you haven't done so already.
                    Last edited by JK1700; 04-15-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      WBY had Oscar winning I believe.

I had Whitaker by a couple rounds.

Let me know your scorecard after you've scored it.
                      That's correct. I thought De La Hoya edged him out in a fight I don't have a problem seeing Whitaker as the winner. The scorecards reflected what everyone knew at the time --- De La Hoya was wanted, Whitaker was not. In a way it was a shame for the winner, because it fuelled cries of a robbery to a much greater extent than was deserved. Had De La Hoya narrowly won on the cards (as well he should have, the actual scoring was predictably atrocious), I suspect far fewer people would be up in arms over Whitaker losing what was, in actual fact, a very close fight.

It showed that a young Whitaker was a cut above your De La Hoya's, Trinidad's, Mosley's, & the rest of the coming generation.

Comment

Working...
                      X