No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponce Confident He Would Have Taken Gonzalez Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ponce Confident He Would Have Taken Gonzalez Out

Having held the WBO Super bantamweight title from 2005 to 2008, then losing it and waiting four long years to capture his second world title could have come a lot sooner, but as the saying goes, better late(r) than ever, as Daniel ''The Tarahumara Destroyer'' Ponce De Leon 44-4 (35KOs) captured the WBC Featherweight world title via technical decision over multiple time world champion, the dangerous Jhonny Gonzalez on Saturday night's co-featured bout, on the SHOWTIME televised fight card at the MGM Grand Arena.

The fight came before the WBC Super welterweight defense by Saul ''Canelo'' Alvarez against Josesito Lopez in front of a jam-packed arena.

In what was seen and written about as a clash of KO artist's, with not many seeing the contest going the distance, got their wish.. although not the way most people expected it to happen, as the fight ended going to the cards after an accidental head butt opened a nasty gash above Gonzalez's eye in the eight round, forcing the ringside doctor to call for the stoppage. [Click Here To Read More]

I was relieved when the fight was called. It was not the match I was hoping it would be by a long shot. Still like both guys though. Just not the match up after seeing it. No here.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous
      I was relieved when the fight was called. It was not the match I was hoping it would be by a long shot. Still like both guys though. Just not the match up after seeing it. No here.
      Id hate to fight Ponce... Awkward ass fights. There was so much blood and none of it was from punches. At least not from what I saw anyway.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

strange bout, vs a lefty but Ponce never really hurt Jhonny, who knows what the last 4 would have been...mayb a rematch in Mexico, get it out of Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Id hate to fight Ponce... Awkward ass fights. There was so much blood and none of it was from punches. At least not from what I saw anyway.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Yep, Broner can vouch.

Comment

I remember someone trying to argue about Jhonny's chin which I said was weak and that person acted like Ponce wouldn't be able to land anything. Well he landed and had Jhonny badly hurt just before the punch that knocked him down. Jhonny's chin is not that good.

Comment

Working...
            X