Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympics Judo Star "The Colossus" On UFC:"It's A Sport Where There Is No Moral Value"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misty K View Post
    they always change it around.

1st rules changed was anti-bjj.

then i remember when the muay thai/kickboxers learned basic grappling and use to crack skulls with elbows. they were dominant for a bit.

i miss the vale tudo days. i think only thing illegal ufc1 was eye gouging and fishhooking.
    Biting too. Old UFC was style vs style meant to show which martial art was the best....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Biting too. Old UFC was style vs style meant to show which martial art was the best....
      rickson must regret not doing the early ufc.

Comment

That I can get on board with. It should also be noted that the IJF changed the rules to stop wrestlers from winning all their competitions...
        To be fair, the wrestling governors change the rules constantly as well. But there is truth to that, specifically with regards to the direct leg attack rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Vollmermaid View Post
          rickson must regret not doing the early ufc.
          Actually they wanted Royce to do it because he was smaller and didn't look athletic. After the event when they where asking him about his style of Jiu Jitsu he said he wasn't even the best in his family, and that Rickson was way better...

Comment

Actually they wanted Royce to do it because he was smaller and didn't look athletic. After the event when they where asking him about his style of Jiu Jitsu he said he wasn't even the best in his family, and that Rickson was way better...
            that was one story.

the other one i heard is rickson wanted too much money.

the prize money for VTJ after UFC1 was about the same but rickson got paid more just for showing up.

gracies have a lot of conflicting stories.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              ... and filled with fake martial artists like the one in your sig.
              ^^^ LOL @ giving Red K for that.

LOL I didn't know you MMA fans get butthurt that easilly.

The Diaz brother's are nothing but glorified street fighters, far from martial artists like the Gracies or Silva. I used to watch MMA a loooooooong time ago before it became a watered-down sport. Now you have people that have trained unprofessionally for 2 to 3 years and easily get championship fights? Give me a break.

Comment

The Diaz brother's are nothing but glorified street fighters, far from martial artists like the Gracies or Silva. I used to watch MMA a loooooooong time ago before it became a watered-down sport. Now you have people that have trained unprofessionally for 2 to 3 years and easily get championship fights? Give me a break.
                Really? Because the Diaz brothers are both Cesar Gracie black belts...

Comment

diaz brothers might thuggish and act a fool..... but they're gracie jiu-jitsu.

i think they've been doing gjj since teens.

and they're good.

Comment

but anyways.....

old school, basic fundamentals GJJ >>> fancy pansy, modernized sport bjj

that is all.

i leave you all with a bit of kron....

Comment

I'm surprised he wouldn't do UFC, he's a fucking monster and could easily make a name for himself. But then again Judo is huge in France and is a superstar, earning ridiculous money.

Comment

Working...
                      X