Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Will there be a DOUBLE KO Friday with the great Erislandy and Lil Jermaine ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I also pointed this out a while back. He's only 5'9" fighting in these divisions and fights almost everyone bigger and taller than him. It's hard to say he will KO a 6'3" guy (Hearns) but I hope he comes thru. FYI I got him down for a KO victory too.

Not sure if Taylor will get the KO but I hope he does too.
    so what if lara beat Williams he was/is washed up and basically sergio's left overs and even then lara took a lot of damage in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpecial View Post
      Good to see there's SOME respect given to LARA on boxing scene
      Maybe after 3-4 more dominant wins there can be a Lara Team.
      Make it happen, Im in. Should just make a Cuban team all together . Let's see which of the top 10 JMW will be the first to fight Lara IF any.

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
      so what if lara beat Williams he was/is washed up and basically sergio's left overs and even then lara took a lot of damage in that fight
      On the decline, yes. Washed up? No. He beat Ishida pretty easily didn't he? Now I don't consider Ishida some great fighter but he's a solid win who WHOOPED Kirkland. I guess we will have to see Williams' next fight and see how "washed up" he really is huh? And I think Lara would still beat any version of P.Will because he... just... doesn't... use... his... tools.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      I said "clinching or moving" and that rinse and repeat stuff wouldn't be enough against Canelo. Lara fights one punch at a time, he's a headhunter, doesn't have a high workrate and he loads up on almost every shot. You're getting blinded by his speed.
      I didn't say he would fight Canelo the same way he fought P.Will...

Comment

Erislandy Lara is the man, but this is nothing more than a tune-up fight. Hopefully he can get fights with the big boys after this.

I know someone will talk s**t once I say this........but Austin Trout straight up refused to fight Lara. Lara and he called each other out, and we heard nothing from Trout after that. Trout is good though and looks to be fighting Delvin Rodriguez and Dzinziruk, two good fights for him this year no doubt.

I just hope people actually give Lara a shot, something I worry won't happen. Lara-Molina II would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Make it happen, Im in. Should just make a Cuban team all together . Let's see which of the top 10 JMW will be the first to fight Lara IF any.

On the decline, yes. Washed up? No. He beat Ishida pretty easily didn't he? Now I don't consider Ishida some great fighter but he's a solid win who WHOOPED Kirkland. I guess we will have to see Williams' next fight and see how "washed up" he really is huh? And I think Lara would still beat any version of P.Will because he... just... doesn't... use... his... tools.

I didn't say he would fight Canelo the same way he fought P.Will...
          any decent fighter should beat Kirkland IMO the only reason angulo lost was due to him coming off a long lay off and punching himself out in the first round....i heard canelo has KO'd Ishida in practice

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            Erislandy Lara is the man, but this is nothing more than a tune-up fight. Hopefully he can get fights with the big boys after this.

I know someone will talk s**t once I say this........but Austin Trout straight up refused to fight Lara. Lara and he called each other out, and we heard nothing from Trout after that. Trout is good though and looks to be fighting Delvin Rodriguez and Dzinziruk, two good fights for him this year no doubt.

I just hope people actually give Lara a shot, something I worry won't happen. Lara-Molina II would be nice.
            Lara has been calling EVERYBODY out, 160 lbers AND 147 lbers. He even said at 1 point he wanted the winner of Ortiz-Berto if Im not mistaken but no one will take on the bait. So better stay busy with tune ups than nothing right?

any decent fighter should beat Kirkland IMO the only reason angulo lost was due to him coming off a long lay off and punching himself out in the first round....i heard canelo has KO'd Ishida in practice
            I would actually be impressed he if did cause Ishida seems to have a solid beard on him.

Comment

Williams is past his prime-still good, he can still fight. He's not past it completely by any means.

And Kirkland has the all out agressive style, where you can easily be out boxed by someone with superior skills. Guys like Kirkland, Maidana, Alvarado, you have to cut the distance and apply effective pressure to beat those guys that stick and move against you. Alvarado did after those 5 rounds against Prescott, won rounds 6-9 and stopped him in the 10th.

Kirkland was losing 7-2 in rounds going into the 10th, but got to Carlos in the 10th. The holding in that fight was way way way worse than what Abril did to Rios. Molina would hit and hold immediately, push Kirkland and hold his arm, push him to the ropes, hit again, let push Kirkland and take a step back, hit him, and than hold again. Kirkland's busted shoulder probably had something to do with it as well, at least he went in there and won 3 of those 10 rounds, much better than Rios did with Abril, and was on the verge of stopping Molina had Carlos not held 16 times in the 10th, and at one point when he was hurt he held Kirkland and than tried to hold onto the ropes for christ sake. The holding was much worse in that fight than Rios-Abril no doubt. 118 clinches in 10 rounds is basically Molina held every 15 seconds, not even taking into account how long each hold was.

And yes Angulo may have punched himself out, oh well. At the end of the 1st, Kirkland still beat Angulo's a$$ and knocked him down. And proceeded to whup his a$$ the next 5 rounds until he stopped him. Kirkland should get his props for that win, Angulo was the most feared guy around 154 at that time.

Comment

Yup he stopped Ishida in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Williams is past his prime-still good, he can still fight. He's not past it completely by any means.

And Kirkland has the all out agressive style, where you can easily be out boxed by someone with superior skills. Guys like Kirkland, Maidana, Alvarado, you have to cut the distance and apply effective pressure to beat those guys that stick and move against you. Alvarado did after those 5 rounds against Prescott, won rounds 6-9 and stopped him in the 10th.

Kirkland was losing 7-2 in rounds going into the 10th, but got to Carlos in the 10th. The holding in that fight was way way way worse than what Abril did to Rios. Molina would hit and hold immediately, push Kirkland and hold his arm, push him to the ropes, hit again, let push Kirkland and take a step back, hit him, and than hold again. Kirkland's busted shoulder probably had something to do with it as well, at least he went in there and won 3 of those 10 rounds, much better than Rios did with Abril, and was on the verge of stopping Molina had Carlos not held 16 times in the 10th, and at one point when he was hurt he held Kirkland and than tried to hold onto the ropes for christ sake. The holding was much worse in that fight than Rios-Abril no doubt. 118 clinches in 10 rounds is basically Molina held every 15 seconds, not even taking into account how long each hold was.

And yes Angulo may have punched himself out, oh well. At the end of the 1st, Kirkland still beat Angulo's a$$ and knocked him down. And proceeded to whup his a$$ the next 5 rounds until he stopped him. Kirkland should get his props for that win, Angulo was the most feared guy around 154 at that time.
                  that never happened the reason why that bum kirkland got the knock down was cuz Molina got caught in the ropes and couldn't defend himself....Kirkland is an overall stupid fighter who CAN'T ADJUST to save his life molina would have gone to outbox kirkland and win a decision..... he got TKO'd by Ishida for the same reason he got hit with the same right hand over and over

Lara should fight Kirkland next and shut down the hype it will be easy work for him

Comment

Lara should fight Kirkland next and shut down the hype it will be easy work for him
                    Nope. Looks like Canelo will be the one shutting down Kirkland's hype and gaining some more credibility. Even tho Lara was at the Kirkland-Molina and said he wanted the winner. But Canelo being the bigger GB fighter, looks like he gets it.

Comment

that never happened the reason why that bum kirkland got the knock down was cuz Molina got caught in the ropes and couldn't defend himself....Kirkland is an overall stupid fighter who CAN'T ADJUST to save his life molina would have gone to outbox kirkland and win a decision..... he got TKO'd by Ishida for the same reason he got hit with the same right hand over and over

I'd favor Lara as well, check out my sig.

I'm just saying that Kirkland should get his due Angulo, that was a really good win. And yes Molina got knocked down near the end of the round, but when Molina was really in trouble the first half of the round, he held like no other. There was a point where he held Kirkland and then fell into the ropes and held onto the ropes before the ref broke them up.

Molina was winning but his holding was far worse than Abril's, and Kirkland actually still managed to win 3 rounds at the very least and had Molina badly hurt the first couple minutes of the 10th. Molina held literally every 5 seconds while he was hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X