No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hasegawa vs Gonzalez: The Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hasegawa vs Gonzalez: The Pre-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - Once it happens, no matter what else goes right or wrong in a career, the crowd will never forget. Even more, even as times passes and the moment becomes memory, it’s always there in the back of the mind.

Each time a big shot lands, they’ll wonder if this is the time he’ll be knocked out again. He could be any number of fighters over the years. This weekend, despite an opponent stopped three times already himself, the he in question is Japan’s Hozumi Hasegawa.

Arguably the biggest boxing star in Japan, Hasegawa appeared poised to cross to the world stage in April 2011. Matched with WBO Bantamweight titlist Fernando Montiel, on his home turf, all Hasegawa had to do was win.

He did not.

Instead, a massive hook from Montiel began the end of Hasegawa’s impressive Bantamweight reign in round number four. Now, as was the case last April, he’s matched with a fighter of proven titlist credentials whose back is against the wall.

If Gonzalez lands, can Hasegawa overcome or does he fulfill the silent wonder behind the eyes of the crowd? [Click Here To Read More]

bigpapapump let me know what happens with jhonny u puto

Comment

what time does this fight start pacific time?

Comment

Very good fight this, i gt hoz by UD

Comment

i want jhonny to win this way he can unify with juanma because these japs dont come to the states to fight hase is a good fighter and can make big fights with juanma a rematch with montiel or a fight with gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Cliff Rold - Once it happens, no matter what else goes right or wrong in a career, the crowd will never forget. Even more, even as times passes and the moment becomes memory, it’s always there in the back of the mind.

Each time a big shot lands, they’ll wonder if this is the time he’ll be knocked out again. He could be any number of fighters over the years. This weekend, despite an opponent stopped three times already himself, the he in question is Japan’s Hozumi Hasegawa.

Arguably the biggest boxing star in Japan, Hasegawa appeared poised to cross to the world stage in April 2011. Matched with WBO Bantamweight titlist Fernando Montiel, on his home turf, all Hasegawa had to do was win.

He did not.

Instead, a massive hook from Montiel began the end of Hasegawa’s impressive Bantamweight reign in round number four. Now, as was the case last April, he’s matched with a fighter of proven titlist credentials whose back is against the wall.

If Gonzalez lands, can Hasegawa overcome or does he fulfill the silent wonder behind the eyes of the crowd? [Click Here To Read More]
            Hasegawa is a 5:1 favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by kid dynamite16 View Post
              what time does this fight start pacific time?
              i believe its at 3 or 4am, my contact has not gotten the link yet. Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
                i believe its at 3 or 4am, my contact has not gotten the link yet. Dammit!
                ok thank u i really want to watch this card

Comment

Working...
                X