No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Borderland"

Three college students, Phil, Ed, and Henry take a road trip into Mexico for a week of drinking and carefree fun only to have Phil find himself a captive of a group of satanic Mexican drug smugglers who kill tourists and whom are looking for a group of new ones to prepare for a sacrifice.

This movie is based on true events and the truth has never been totally found out. The case for this is still open. Thats what makes this movie so much better knowing that this had really happened. Honestly I was quite suprised I didnt think I was going to like it all too much but it held my attention from start to finish. Good action scenes, lots of gore, and good story.

Rocco Rating 8.25 our of 10

Comment

• "Proof Of Life"

Alice(Meg Ryan) hires a professional negotiator/former SAS(Russell Crowe) to obtain the release of her engineer husband(David Morse), who has been kidnapped by anti-government guerrillas in South America.

I have never been a Meg Ryan fan and was skeptical about this movie due to that. I was pleasantly surprised and this movie actually turned out to be really really good. It had great action scenes, negotiations, thrills, suspense ect. I would definitely recommend this movie.

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
        "Lady In White"

This is a suspense/horror flick that came out in the 80's it's about a boy locked in a school closet during Halloween 1962, young Frank witnesses the ghost of a young girl and the man who murdered her years ago. Shortly afterward he finds himself stalked by the killer and is soon drawn to an old house where a mysterious Lady In White lives. As he discovers the secret of the woman he soon finds that the killer may be someone close to him.

When I was younger this movie totally freaked me out and I was always scared of it, there are a few scenes that still to this day not because they are gruesome or even scary it's just the sheer truth about that day and age in the 60's and segregation. Watching the movie even today didnt so much freak me out because now I understand the movie, the whole story and dont know it just because it was scary to me as a kid.

The special effects in this film were absolutely atrocious, the acting at points was pretty bad, the story was great I loved it, it was true to the times that it was portraying, still could be scary to some.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10
        wasn't that the film where he was hiding in the closet and saw his white aunt getting banged by a well hung black dude?

Comment

• Originally posted by phallus View Post
          wasn't that the film where he was hiding in the closet and saw his white aunt getting banged by a well hung black dude?
          hmmm nahh man I think that was a different one..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
            Harry Brown

The best movie I've seen since I watched Taken a few months ago. It's kind of a UK version of Death Wish, except it's more realistic and there's somewhat more character development.

Michael Caine does some of his finest work in this one, playing the role of a feeble old ex-marine with emphysema who sets out to avenge the murder of his best friend.

Rating: 8 out of 10
            Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by Harry Brown. Just a shame Plan B and the rest of the kids were so cringeworthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              ok...so panda was wrong about ROA

this guy is obviously as judgemental about movies as he is about people he doesnt like....what a sad individual

he's probably going to try and make a discussion out of this post as well
              Whiney whiney whine whine.

You came back to this thread to say that? LMAO. Do you ever stop thinking about me?

Why shouldn't one be judgemental about art? It's art, it's there to be critiqued.

You're the one constantly making the issue, you sadsack. I'm not thinking about you, yet you keep clicking 'View Post' so you can see what I type and piggyback it with butthurt commentary (you're supposed to have myself and others on ignore remember?).

Keep nursing those wounds, boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Mean Creek.

Couple of teenagers go on a boat trip. **** goes wrong.
                Stellar review, waz. Very on point.

Ever see Stand By Me?

Comment

• Robin Hood.

Review: Shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                    Robin Hood.

^^ I approve this review. Much better reading and more on-point than Ebert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                      Robin Hood.

Would that be '*****e' with an Irish accent ?

Comment

Working...
                      X