No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson admits he was weight drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I don't think he was drained he looked how he always does, Ward was just better than him and took away his jab which without he is simply not an effective fighter.
    Dawson's jab would be effective if he was fighting fleet footed and not fighting at his opponents punching range.

Scully made Dawson fight totally ineffective by making Chad fight flat footed which allowed Ward and Hopkins to time him and tie him up when they needed to. Dawson is a boxer who can punch on the move really fast, he wasn't using enough lateral movement in his last three fights, something he used to do a lot.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-08-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

He lacked heart(balls). He quit. No ifs ands or buts.

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
        He lacked heart(balls). He quit. No ifs ands or buts.
        Slow down man. He had nothing, he was a punching bag at that point. Did you see his legs do the jiggy just before the last kd? When has he ever showed a lack of heart before? A lack of fire and urgency yes, but heart?

This was some old school stuff he pulled to make the fight happen. Conceded home town, crazy weight to his favored opponent. That's balls. Some guys will do all kinds of things for an outsized payday, but even the payday was measly. 650k for lineal lhw champ?! Berto was getting twice that for Freddy Hernandez. He took a massive risk, it backfired and now he's ****. Maybe Team Canelo are right after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          This guy is so screwed up he doesn't know if he's coming or going but things are gonna "went" real soon if he can't figure it out!
          He was taught a straight up USA amatuer style of boxing by Brian Clark in New Haven Conn and he did very well using his learned boxing skills! He needs to start off that way in his bouts until he sees what openings are there then step up with more meaningfull punches. This kid doesn't have natural strength or power punches but proper technique and mind set can add a great deal to his artinery!!! Go back to Brain and let Brian prep him up and get him sharp with his techniques using boxing skills not fighters techniques. Get in shape for sparing and go back to Vegas and Eddie for that! Eddie needs to buy in to the in & out boxing so this kid could relax and win some rounds because he's very good at it!
          You need to adapt to your earliest methods because thats whats ingrained in you then you sharpen techniques and formulate a plan. This kid doesn't have any of that, its obvious just watching a few rounds and I don't mean the Ward bout its obvious for a few years now!

He's from my old gym (Ring One New Haven Ct.) he was trained by the young man who took over the gym from me (Brian Clark) and from what my son tells me I trained Chads father!!! So Pop Dawson if your listening, how are ya and tell your kid Chad to "come see me" we'll talk about this "boxing thing" !!
          Ray Corso
          Wasn't Brian Clark Dawson's first trainer?

Comment

He definitely was weight drained. However, it was his decision to move down in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
              Of course Dawson did`nt admit he was drained leading up to the fight,he did`nt want to ruin ticket sales.Just because a fighter looked ripped that don`t mean he was`nt drained.

And Roy Jones was not a big light-heavyweight to begin with and Erik Morales was weight drained when he fought Pac the second and third time.It was well known that Morales was struggled make 130 which is why after he beat Pacquiao the first time he moved up in weight.
              not only did he not admit it, he actually said he felt "great" leading up to the fight. u're starting to sound like a broken record bro

i believe ward would do a similar job on dawson at 175, maybe it would take him a couple of rounds more but ward just has his number...he's too quick, too accurate and has enough power to crack dawson's ever mediocre chin not to mention he's the superior athlete

Comment

You sign. You fight is the motto. Make all the excuses in the world you want. The truth is that Dawson has always faded. Even in his best win vs Adamek he faded and made it look hard. As an outsider looking in, Dawson strikes me as lazy and mentally weak. I was a huge supporter a few years ago but then it became obvious he wasn't working as hard.

Comment

Chad always fights like he is weight drained

Comment

even ward admitted it..

Comment

so he loses and kicks Scully to the curb?

that single act tells me Chad has no sense of accountability. i used to be a HUGE fan of his, but now......ehhhhhh. i mean, i'll watch him fight because of my love for boxing but man, this dude really hasn't lived up to his potential and his post fight excuses, firing trainers, etc. is cowardly IMO. man up, take the blame.

just because you start off a sentence "i don't take nothin away from him", doesn't actually make it OK for you to start firing off subliminal messages. ok, so you basically inferred that Scully isn't a top notch, top grade trainer... well guess what? you're not a top notch, top grade fighter yourself chad. you fold, and fold hard. you have an amateurish style, take rounds off (who knows what you're thinking about in that head of yours, maybe upgrading your washing machine?) and do not let your hands go.

Comment

Working...
                      X