Hagler: Boxing needs another Pacquiao.. ARTICLE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler: Boxing needs another Pacquiao.. ARTICLE

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=160885

Is the way in which you were denied a re-fight to cement your legacy similar to how Floyd Mayweather now won't fight Manny Pacquiao?

Pacquiao's legacy will probably be the same as mine in a sense that he waited around for this guy. But if this guy doesn't want to fight hey well. I think Pacquiao will just wipe it off and say well I offered it to you and you didn't want to come out. I'm not hanging around in this game too long so caio. Don't wait for a Leonard or someone like that to dictate to you. He won't get that big legacy until the fight with Floyd Mayweather but in time everything fades away and people tend to forget that.

What's up with this fight?

Something's a little nervous about that fight I think its more Mayweather. If he wants to fight he could make it happen tomorrow. You can't say he's scared because no fighter is scared. He's playing games hoping Pacquiao loses so he can come out the woodwork and say now I'll fight you. But as long as Pacquiao is winning, knocking people out Mayweather is going to stand back because he's waiting for the weakness — it's like I used to tell fighters ‘beat me at my best', don't wait around getting old or crippled like a couple of fighters I know who were waiting for me to lose.

Pacquiao only had to agree to Mayweather's condition of a drugs test.

[Imagining he's Pacquiao] yeah but who are you to dictate to me what I got to do? If I've got to take it, you've got to take it. You're not going to tell me what I have to do in order to get a fight with you. Who are you? Come on man.

But that's exactly what you did with Leonard. You agreed to his conditions of a 24x24 foot ring, 12oz gloves and 12 rounds.

A lot of people felt that I shouldn't do it but I felt as though it didn't mean anything to me — the outcome would have been the same anyway. Basically I just wanted to get the guy in the ring it was for mega bucks. He [Leonard] was doing the same kind of thing Mayweather is doing. I would have fought the guy in his house he just forgot to give me his address. They should both take the drugs test. Let's get this thing on you know? That's what real fighters are all about.

wifebeater gets pwned again!

Comment

Hagler don't know **** about boxing -*****

Comment

I like the part where he says, "who are you to dictate what I have to do, who are you?". That's exactly how I saw it. He accepted to take more than the standard Nsac tests but Floyd wants his to take it to another level IMO, to just try to throw manny off his game. And seriously, second time around 7 days is damn good enough to have gotten the fight done. What can he do in 7 days... Really.. And that's why I think floyds drug crusade is bulli**** and I don't think he would've signed even if manny agreed to 14 days the first time. He would've done something else or another stipulation to not fight pacquiao. Floyds a b*tch.
        Last edited by bayareamike; 01-02-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          wifebeater gets pwned again!
          He ended it by saying take the drug test so how is that owned. Why dont you stop finding threads to hate on May and look for some to big up you favorite boxer? Ive been on here a couple of years and you get more and more childish.

Comment

Originally posted by bayareamike View Post
            What can he do in 7 days... Really..
            Can someone who knows something about stimulants answer this?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Pacquiao is on anything but Sr. has got it into his head that he is so the fight won't happen while old man still thinks it.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
              http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=160885

Is the way in which you were denied a re-fight to cement your legacy similar to how Floyd Mayweather now won't fight Manny Pacquiao?

Pacquiao's legacy will probably be the same as mine in a sense that he waited around for this guy. But if this guy doesn't want to fight hey well. I think Pacquiao will just wipe it off and say well I offered it to you and you didn't want to come out. I'm not hanging around in this game too long so caio. Don't wait for a Leonard or someone like that to dictate to you. He won't get that big legacy until the fight with Floyd Mayweather but in time everything fades away and people tend to forget that.

What's up with this fight?

Something's a little nervous about that fight I think its more Mayweather. If he wants to fight he could make it happen tomorrow. You can't say he's scared because no fighter is scared. He's playing games hoping Pacquiao loses so he can come out the woodwork and say now I'll fight you. But as long as Pacquiao is winning, knocking people out Mayweather is going to stand back because he's waiting for the weakness — it's like I used to tell fighters ‘beat me at my best', don't wait around getting old or crippled like a couple of fighters I know who were waiting for me to lose.

Pacquiao only had to agree to Mayweather's condition of a drugs test.

[Imagining he's Pacquiao] yeah but who are you to dictate to me what I got to do? If I've got to take it, you've got to take it. You're not going to tell me what I have to do in order to get a fight with you. Who are you? Come on man.

But that's exactly what you did with Leonard. You agreed to his conditions of a 24x24 foot ring, 12oz gloves and 12 rounds.

A lot of people felt that I shouldn't do it but I felt as though it didn't mean anything to me — the outcome would have been the same anyway. Basically I just wanted to get the guy in the ring it was for mega bucks. He [Leonard] was doing the same kind of thing Mayweather is doing. I would have fought the guy in his house he just forgot to give me his address. They should both take the drugs test. Let's get this thing on you know? That's what real fighters are all about.
              amen to that

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                He ended it by saying take the drug test so how is that owned. Why dont you stop finding threads to hate on May and look for some to big up you favorite boxer? Ive been on here a couple of years and you get more and more childish.
                7 day cutoff is better than 18 day cut off.

pwned again!

Comment

pwned how?

It sounds contradictory to me. Didn't he say they should both take the drug test? Sounds like he doesn't have any problem with OSDT to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bayareamike View Post
                    I like the part where he says, "who are you to dictate what I have to do, who are you?". That's exactly how I saw it. He accepted to take more than the standard Nsac tests but Floyd wants his to take it to another level IMO, to just try to throw manny off his game. And seriously, second time around 7 days is damn good enough to have gotten the fight done. What can he do in 7 days... Really.. And that's why I think floyds drug crusade is bulli**** and I don't think he would've signed even if manny agreed to 14 days the first time. He would've done something else or another stipulation to not fight pacquiao. Floyds a b*tch.
                    And like I have been saying, the Olympic Style Extreme Blood testing, The Campaign to "clean up the sport", cut off dates, etc. disappeared as well as the man that created the whole mess...

Boxing Moved forward without it...

Comment

Working...
                    X