Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley's Return Date and Opponent, Still Uknown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're signed to Top Rank sticking up for yourself doesn't seem to work. Just be a slave until the contract is up, Golden Boy is waiting (well maybe not, considering how boring Bradley is).

But I don't really feel sorry for Timmy, he turned down a decent payday with Peterson after he robbed Pacquiao while winning 3 rounds tops.

Comment

I would like to see Floyd vs Bradley, I don't know or care much about promoters and their disagreements, but it's the fight that makes the most sense in my opinion.

I don't understand all this hate for Bradley though, he got a split decision win against one of the top guys. Whether or not one agrees with the scorecards , it's still a win.

How about Pac vs JMM II ?. Another split decision (coming after a draw), yet I don't see all this hate for Pac.

Only difference is that Pac went on to fight JMM for a third (and fourth) time.

Comment

Bradley would have no problem getting a fight if he had 'beat' Pacquiao. However, he didn't look great and lost almost every round.

The fact is that Bradley isn't the draw he thinks he is. Sure he can wait on the shelf until Mayweather comes back from holiday, but that isn't going to do him any favors in the long run.

What he needs to do is recognize that he isn't a star and get back to fighting some of the lesser names at 147. Even Josesito Lopez would be a decent fight for him right now considering his lack of mass appeal and drawing power.

It's a shame, because while I'm not a great fan of Bradley, this has been a quiet start to the year for boxing, and the more matches the better.

Comment

Bradley is a more skilled, and athletic version of Hatton. Floyd isn't as good as he was when he KO'd Hatton. I think it would be an interesting fight. I'd much rather see this one than Floyd-Ghost.

That said, Bradley is very much in danger of turning himself into this era's version of Winky Wright. Much like Wink after the Mosley wins, Bradley sees himself as a much bigger star than he really is. And if he continues to sit around waiting for events or paydays he deems "worthy of someone of his status.". Eventually he's he's gonna become so inactive that people completely forget about him. Because in reality, much like Wink, even though he's a good fighter, there's really no public demand or anticipation to see him fight. Storm needs to get off his high horse, and I mean soon.

Comment

nobody seems interested of fighting bradley after he robbed pacman...his "win" against pacman proved to be biggest debacle...

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
              nobody seems interested of fighting bradley after he robbed pacman...his "win" against pacman proved to be biggest debacle...
              the way pac was put to sleep by marquez.he's wishing now that he shouldve taken the bradley rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                Bradley would have no problem getting a fight if he had 'beat' Pacquiao. However, he didn't look great and lost almost every round.

The fact is that Bradley isn't the draw he thinks he is. Sure he can wait on the shelf until Mayweather comes back from holiday, but that isn't going to do him any favors in the long run.

What he needs to do is recognize that he isn't a star and get back to fighting some of the lesser names at 147. Even Josesito Lopez would be a decent fight for him right now considering his lack of mass appeal and drawing power.

It's a shame, because while I'm not a great fan of Bradley, this has been a quiet start to the year for boxing, and the more matches the better.
                Great post. I agree with all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Golden Boy would just pay Top Rank a flat fee for his use, while Top Rank stays out of the promotion. Similar to the Vanes-Lara fight where Top Rank paid Golden Boy a flat fee for Lara.
                  Top Rank did not pay Golden Boy for Lara-Vanes. Top Rank won the purse bid, period, and didnt have to pay Golden boy a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

But I don't really feel sorry for Timmy, he turned down a decent payday with Peterson after he robbed Pacquiao while winning 3 rounds tops.
                    No offense but, who really wants to see a Bradley/Peterson rematch???? There was absolutely no controversy and Bradley handled Peterson completely in the first fight. Secondly, what's with people saying "He [Bradley] robbed Pacauiao"? Bradley didn't rob anything, he just went in there and did his job. While I didn't agree with the outcome, it was by no fault of Bradley himself that the decision went his way.

With that said, my wish would be Bradley vs Rios. Rios was being lined up to fight Pac, and Bradley (like it or not) holds a win over Pac. I don't see any real reason that bout couldn't be made, except for Bob Arum himself. IMO. Bradley vs JMM would be exceptional as well, but JMM has the luxury of picking and choosing his opponents at this stage in his career. Don't expect to see that fight ever happen, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      If he acted humble and said the Pac fight was close then OK, but he was acting like it was a clear win.

He is a decent fighter but man, what a shame he is stupid. 1 Year off running from Khan for Pac and now it may be another year off?
                      When did Bradley take a yr off??Do you even know what ya talking about??

Comment

Working...
                      X