No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Ready To Slow Argentina Boxing Boom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Ready To Slow Argentina Boxing Boom

By Jake Donovan - Unbeaten rising contender Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman doesn’t need any extra incentive to win or look good doing so. The Floridian knockout artist delivers a professional effort every time he steps into the ring, regardless of the opponent or of the potential stakes.

Still, the thought of putting some extra pocket change doesn’t hurt. Nor does the opportunity to slow down the current Argentine bum rush the sport has endured in recent years.

“There’s no question, the Argentinean fighters are bringing it these days,” Thurman says of his opponent this weekend, fellow unbeaten welterweight Diego Chaves. The two clash in the opening leg of Saturday night’s Showtime-televised tripleheader, live from the AT&T Center in San Antonio. The headlining bout for the evening is a welterweight clash between Andre Berto and Jesus Soto Karass.

At stake in Thurman’s bout is the interim welterweight belt Chaves has in tow. The unbeaten Argentine also carries into the ring with him a five-fight knockout streak, and 16 of his 22 career bouts having ended in three rounds or less.

What he also brings is a 10-month stretch of inactivity, having only fought a total of seven live rounds in a span of nearly two years. It’s not the best formula for success heading in against one of the sport’s rising young stars. Not that any of the details particularly matter to his challenger. [Click Here To Read More]

Andre Berto with braids

Comment

Ingesting that all these argentina guys have serious power.

Comment

Neither guy is established in the WW division, but I can see Keith being the favorite because of the way he beat Zaveck. Can't wait to see the fights this weekend, Showtime killin'em right now.

Comment

Thurman must be the biggesr welterweight around today

Comment

slow argentinian is right...chavez is a bum with a padded record.

Comment

I think Thurman is gonna beat Bradley and Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
                I think Thurman is gonna beat Bradley and Berto.
                fighting bradley coming off 3 losses in a row seems pointless. i guess he can beat up berto if he beats soto-karass but its just sad to see the mentally challenged get beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  slow argentinian is right...chavez is a bum with a padded record.

Right, Chaves fighting anyone they put in front of him has a padded record while another Al Haymon creation, another "undefeated", hasnt.
                  Where do you clown comes from?
                  It seems to be a pretty even fight butthe reality is that Thurman never fought anyone for real yet, its all been fodder to build up his hype Al Haymon style, the one somewhat real fight he failed to impress.
                  Chaves has an old school technique that may seem poor to the younger kids, he doesnt jump around like a monkey on heroin but there's boxing skills in what he does and has been improving in his latest fights.
                  I go with Chaves because of that, he hasnt been spoon fed tomato cans like al Haymon projects and he's the most proven of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                    Right, Chaves fighting anyone they put in front of him has a padded record while another Al Haymon creation, another "undefeated", hasnt.
                    Where do you clown comes from?
                    It seems to be a pretty even fight butthe reality is that Thurman never fought anyone for real yet, its all been fodder to build up his hype Al Haymon style, the one somewhat real fight he failed to impress.
                    Chaves has an old school technique that may seem poor to the younger kids, he doesnt jump around like a monkey on heroin but there's boxing skills in what he does and has been improving in his latest fights.
                    I go with Chaves because of that, he hasnt been spoon fed tomato cans like al Haymon projects and he's the most proven of the two.
                    the circus. want tickets?

believe me i hate al haymon and his bum parades but thurman beat former world champs quintana and zaveck who were still both decent when he fought them. chavez hasn't fought anyone at all and was dropped and nearly lost to a guy with ten losses. anyone they put in from of him? they put nothing but bums in front of him so far! they are both guys with padded records but thurman is more proven at this point. i hope chaves wins so haymon starts crying but seems unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                    X