No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: Floyd Will Fight Guerrero, and Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
    Hide and Watch, Roidweather Avoid, The Cinnamon Roll....
    FRAUD is well aware of his Limitations!!!
    you are a pathetic boxing fan. still butt hurt because fanny pacquiao got put to sleep.

Comment

• Has floyd and pac ruined boxing web sites for good like in 2034 will pac and floyd fans still be going at it while all these other fights are coming up?

Comment

• I'm surprised how people still think Cotto gave May a tough fight. It looked one sided to me. Sure, Cotto roughed him up a bit, but nothing Floyd can't handle, and certainly not enough to win the fight (or even close.) It looked to me like Floyd wanted to prove he could fight Cotto's fight and still win. If he'd have wanted, he could have made it like the Marquez fight and just pitched a shut-out on him, but Floyd was getting a lot of criticism at the time due to his fighting style, and then the farce against Ortiz, that I think he wanted to put on a show. That's how it seemed to me anyway.

Guerrero surely is the obvious choice now for Floyd. Martinez should worry about his own damn division before he tries to call out a welterweight, and don't complain that Andre Ward is too big and then try and bag a fight against either Floyd or Pacquaio.

Canelo will come in September, and Pacquaio the following year if he can get himself back on track.

Comment

• This will be a tougher fight for Floyd than people think. Guerrero is big and strong, gritty and can take a punch. However styles make fights and that terrible imitation of Floyd's style employed by Berto was pathetic. If anyone thinks the Ghost will do to Floyd what he did to Berto is smoking crack. All that roughhouse **** the Ghost was doing to Berto won't work on Floyd he is too slick and crafty. While looking tougher and stronger, the Ghost looked slower and plodding at WW so I am not sure all this weight helped him as much as he thinks. Still, this is probably a tough fight for Floyd but as always, by the 3rd-4th round you will know the outcome. Floyd will make adjustments (successfully or not) and by then you will know how the right will go. I predict a UD for Floyd. However Floyd has more pop than people give him credit for and is a sharp surgical puncher, I could also see him busting up the Ghost's face a bit as well. Not sure how Floyd will look after being in jail so I guess we shall see in May.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
            You do realize that Floyd likes to fight in the pocket, right??? He done it over the course of his career
            I guess you didn't see the Hatton fight .. Nuff said ..

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's clear as day that the plan for May 5th is Mayweather-Guerrero with Canelo Vs. a top Jr MW on the undercard setting up Mayweather-Canelo later in the year.

I'm looking forward it.
              As am I. Guerrero is going to be a big underdog, and rightfully so, against Mayweather. But he did himself big favors against Berto by showing he could handle the power of a real 147 pounder and had power himself. Canelo should be an underdog against Floyd, but who knows how the money will come down. Canelo is dangerous for Floyd because of his power and combination punching, but Canelo is very easy to hit. The question is whether Floyd's clean punching will even deter him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                I'm surprised how people still think Cotto gave May a tough fight. It looked one sided to me. Sure, Cotto roughed him up a bit, but nothing Floyd can't handle, and certainly not enough to win the fight (or even close.) It looked to me like Floyd wanted to prove he could fight Cotto's fight and still win. If he'd have wanted, he could have made it like the Marquez fight and just pitched a shut-out on him, but Floyd was getting a lot of criticism at the time due to his fighting style, and then the farce against Ortiz, that I think he wanted to put on a show. That's how it seemed to me anyway.

Guerrero surely is the obvious choice now for Floyd. Martinez should worry about his own damn division before he tries to call out a welterweight, and don't complain that Andre Ward is too big and then try and bag a fight against either Floyd or Pacquaio.

Canelo will come in September, and Pacquaio the following year if he can get himself back on track.
                I rewatched the fight yesterday actually and there were only 2 rounds that Cotto clearly won, 6 and 8. The reason people think it was highly competitive was simply because it was wasn't an utter domination like most of Floyd's fights. When your opponent wins a maximum of 3 rounds and it's considered your most competitive fight in years you simply have a higher bar than everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                X