No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Wants Abner Mares To Accept Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Wants Abner Mares To Accept Fight

Two division world champion Jhonny Gonzalez (54-8, 46KOs) has launched a challenge at the newly crowned World Boxing Council (WBC) featherweight champion Abner Mares (26-0-1, 14KOs). Gonzalez lost the the WBC crown to Daniel Ponce De Leon via technical decision last September. Last Saturday in Las Vegas, Mares stopped Ponce De Leon in nine rounds to capture the belt.

Gonzalez had a rematch clause with Ponce, but now Mares holds the title. Gonzalez has already won two bouts since the loss to Ponce. [Click Here To Read More]

i'll be watching for sure.

Comment

That would be a pretty good first defense.

Comment

after Jhonny's last "win" vs a Japanese opponent falling down getting in2 the ring & b4 that a lacluster decision win, he needs, IMO, a defining win 2 challenge...w/his suspect chin, he goes out faster than PDL...

Comment

Jhonny looked pretty bad vs Ponce.

Not liking this fight. But if anyone deserves a easier fight. Its Mares.

Comment

as much as I liked and followed the jhonny kid, I think he biting off more than he can chew with mares. I liked mares from the jump, I though he was a little scrappy guy making fights harder for himself than they should be. he is exciting throws lots of punches and gain my respect by chopping down all his foes. his record is becoming more and more impressive. this last fight surprised me, I thought he would pull off a long 12 round war. but he keeped his cool, got tagged hard a few times, but took care of business. if this every happened I have mares but late stoppage.

Comment

Abner takes this one I think

Comment

I like the fight make it happen GBP.

Comment

I'd rather Jhonny be Gary Russell Jr's TBA for July and the winner of that fight Mares.

Comment

This fight actually makes alotta sense; gonzales had the rematch clause and Mares has an optional defense before taking on his WBC mandatory...why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X