Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it ok for Manny not to chase a rematch with Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imdazed View Post
    i call bull****. When was the last time you saw pac's ppv #'s? Officially?
    2009??????????????

Comment

If there were money in it he would but Bradley is NOT an attractive money winner! Plus the public knows he won the fight so why go backwards to a fight that has a negative feel to the business side. Not an attraction! Ray.

Comment

Nobody really thought he lost...... It was a close but clear win

It might happen again later though

Comment

I think Pac is very much in cash out mode to be honest, and I think Arum et al. are in a similar mood.

The reality is Manny is not going to soar to any new heights in his career. He's done all he's going to do and by any standard he's had an incredibly successful ten years.

I think JMM deserves this fight, but beyond that, I wouldn't mind if Manny decides to face two young brawlers before departing the scene. It would be nice if he went out after a battle that was a throwback to his glory days.

Unfortunately, boxing is rarely like that. The retirement process could yet be a long and painful affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
            I thought he would demand an immediate rematch to avenge the loss but remember its a business first
            Pacquaio clearly won against Bradley and clearly got robbed while Marquez has a far bigger argument over Bradley in all 3 fights while bringing far more money. Marquez is the bigger risk. He is more skilled, powerful than Bradley. Bradley wouldnt even get a rematch if the judges didn't gift him a built and would be another fighter that lost to pacquaio.

Comment

Because fighting Bradley again is pointless for Pacquiao. He clearly won the fight. I watched the fight twice, and had it 8-4 for Pacquiao both times. That's probably being generous too, because most people seem to have the fight 9-3 or 10-2. With Marquez, he wants to get a clear win against him like he's done against Bradley already. He has way more to gain with a nice win over Marquez, than facing a guy he beat easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Because Bradley would do a lot better in a rematch so they are happy to leave it alone.
                This sums it up tbh...

Comment

I look at it like Lewis vs Holyfield. Nobody who is honest thought that Holyfield won the first fight. So if Lewis had just said "**** it. I only have so many fights left in me, Im not wasting another to beat this chump up again" I wouldnt have been upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                    I look at it like Lewis vs Holyfield. Nobody who is honest thought that Holyfield won the first fight. So if Lewis had just said "**** it. I only have so many fights left in me, Im not wasting another to beat this chump up again" I wouldnt have been upset.
                    Yet Lewis did rematch Holyfield,why because that's what Champions do..They prove in the ring who is better..Not by public opinion..Same with RJJ Griffin...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Yet Lewis did rematch Holyfield,why because that's what Champions do..They prove in the ring who is better..Not by public opinion..Same with RJJ Griffin...
                      And that's great. But Im just looking at it from what I think may be Pac's reasoning. If I know Im going to call it a day after a couple more fights, do I really want to waste one of them on a fight where the best I will get is less money then other fights could bring me and a "Well no **** he won. He beat him the first time too" from critics? I can see both sides. Its not like he is an undefeated fighter who has a chance to avenge his only loss or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X