No approach to Katsidis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No approach to Katsidis

Ricky Hatton comeback: Michael Katsidis would consider offer

Michael Katsidis's camp admits he would be interested in fighting Ricky Hatton, but has yet to be approached.

The Australian former two-time interim WBO lightweight champion has been linked with The Hitman's comeback fight on 24 November.

Katsidis's representative, Matthew Tripp, told BBC Sport: "At this stage there have been no discussions.

"But it is something we would consider depending on the purse and depending on the weight."

Hatton, 33, announced a return to the ring last month, three years after losing his IBO light welterweight title to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

An opponent has yet to be named, but the Manchester-based fighter announced in September: "The only way to convince everyone I'm back is by flattening someone on 24 November."

Queenslander Katsidis, 32, has lost four of his last five fights, including to WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns at Wembley Arena in November 2011.

However, his overall record is an impressive 34 fights, 28 wins with 23 by knockout, and Tripp insists his man would relish the opportunity to fight again on British soil.

"It wouldn't be a problem to fight in Manchester," he said. "Michael has been over to Britain and he's won two world titles over there.

"We have had nothing from their camp at the moment. But 24 November would give us enough time - Michael is in full training at the moment."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19710128

should be a good fight if it happens, whoever wins they're both good names to have on the resume

Comment

Sounds like a Yes

Comment

Get it signed - WAR HATTON!

Comment

i hope it is katsidis because that should be a fcuking war! somebody is gonna get chinned or there is going to be 2 very bruised faces after 12!

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            i hope it is katsidis because that should be a fcuking war! somebody is gonna get chinned or there is going to be 2 very bruised faces after 12!
            Couldn't put it better myself

Comment

get it signed!

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                Sounds like a Yes
                Well the reason I posted it was to illustrate there wasn't even a question to Katsidis from the Hatton camp. Didn't the Katsidis rumour emanate from the Daily Star?

Maybe it will be Katsidis but not if the bbc report is anything to go by.

Comment

To be fair to the Daily Star, they correctly reported Hattons comeback over a month ago. First time for everything.

I'm more than ok with this fight, he could choose much worse.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cleaver View Post
                    To be fair to the Daily Star, they correctly reported Hattons comeback over a month ago. First time for everything.

I'm more than ok with this fight, he could choose much worse.
                    With all due respect, Mr Cleaver, EVERYONE has been predicting Hattons comeback for quite a while. Not saying they're wrong about Mick Katsidis, just that Hatton training in the gym was a pretty well known fact.

And I love this fight. Perfect for Hatton. Kats has lost four of five but he had JMM on the deck, I thought Guerrero was helped by the Ref (not saying MK would have won), Burns beat him fairly clearly & he was all over Mensah at first before gassing/being sussed out.

Perfect comeback fight

Comment

Working...
                    X