No announcement yet.

Comfortably Numb - Double Meaning?? [Pink Floyd]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortably Numb - Double Meaning?? [Pink Floyd]

When you play this song by itself not following The Walls story it sounds like Roger Waters is talking about heroine. But when you put it with the whole album and play it from start to finish the song is about him being knocked out cold and numb in his room before a show and the doctors rushing in to try to and save him, At least thats how it sounds... " Okayokayokay just a little pin prick "DING" there will be no more "AAAHHHH AAAAAAHHHH"
    But you may feal a little sick... Obviously the echo of the mans voices lets you know that Pink is ****ed up or on something and the pin prick being the heroine needle eases his pain...But when people come down of that **** they fill a little sick.

then "I need some information first. Just the basic facts, Can you show me where it hurts?" If played with the whole CD you know that Pinks pain is no where but every where because the pain he is feeling is not physical but emotional pain. Played by itself it would seem like his pain is that he is going Cold Turkey and having withdrawal symptoms so he needs another hit to make him feel okay again. And theres stuff like that in other songs of theirs, Its kind of cool but crazy and well thought out.. Can you name some other songs of theirs that might have a double meaning and what they might be?

i think maybe you havwe too much time on your hands, but hey--it's an awesome song

Comment

Pink Floyd is one of the greatest groups of all time..
      The song on its own... is obviously about heroin
      The song in the context of the Wall.. is about an overdose

Comment

wow

i was listening to "the wal"l as i came upon this thread.

as for the song..... then yeah!... i think it's clearly about a drugs overdose or having an overdoes then coming off drugs

Comment

He was all ****ed up on heroin and he found out his wife was cheating on him which made him overdose. It's a really good song/story that I have enjoyed for years and for years to come.

Comment

Sorry guys but you are all way off base.

The Wall was written by Roger Waters but the song Comfortably Numb was written by David Gilmore. Comfortably Numb was added to The Wall because the music executives didnt think there was a track on the record that could be released as a single for radio play.

If you want to listen to the record the way Roger wrote it please skip that track.

Comment

I want to add that I am not saying I dont like the song, I do. I just dont like it on The Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by ffcracker View Post
                Sorry guys but you are all way off base.

The Wall was written by Roger Waters but the song Comfortably Numb was written by David Gilmore. Comfortably Numb was added to The Wall because the music executives didnt think there was a track on the record that could be released as a single for radio play.

If you want to listen to the record the way Roger wrote it please skip that track.
                I saw the movie 1000 times so **** you.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                  I saw the movie 1000 times so **** you.
                  And you are the terd in my pocket. Whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by ffcracker View Post
                    And you are the terd in my pocket. Whats your point?
                    You have never eaten acid and listened and or watched anything from Floyd so you have no credibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X