Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Avalanche: 'PS4 development a walk in the park'

Avalanche Studios' Linus Blomberg suggests experience of PS4 development, and sees the machine as a PC-beater

Avalanche Studios CTO Linus Blomberg has described developing for the recently announced PlayStation 4 as 'a walk in the park'.

Speaking with Develop, the co-founder of the Just Cause studio has showered Sony's forthcoming console with praise, although he admitted it will take time for some devs to familiarise themselves with the platform.

"Compared to the PS3 it's a walk in the park," stated Blomberg. "I think that's one of the major lessons Sony learned with the last generation, you have to be accessible for the developers to be successful. Of course, there's still some quirkiness involved, especially if you're used to a Windows development environment."

He also told Develop that he believes the PS4 could outperform PCs for many years,

"The hardware as such is great, and will outperform most PC's for many years to come," he claimed. "But the true greatness lies in the accessibility and ecosystem supporting it in terms of social connectivity and cloud services."

Blomberg's comments about ease of developing for the PS4 seem to suggest the studio has experience making games for the systems. It is rumoured the studio is at work on a new Just Cause game and a Mad Max open world title, but neither is confirmed for PS4.

Avalance was one of 26 developers and games tech professionals that spoke with Develop, most of whom were largely positive about the platform. To read all their insights click here.
    Glad to see that. The difficulty in developing for the PS3 was something said by a lot of developers.

Comment

• Surprised there is no new xbox thread. It's been pretty much confirmed it will always be connected and based on the core Windows 8. Bad signs imo.

Comment

• Can't wait for the playstation 4, even though I'm waiting until it's price lowers before buying it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post

That looks like PS3 slim stood vertical (the blurred shape), i doubt it will look like that. It was just a video they released to steal some thunder from the Xbox reveal hype.

Comment

• Bought me a Dualshock 4.

Greatest controller of all time, innit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                Bought me a Dualshock 4.

Greatest controller of all time, innit.
                100% agree, it might be the best feeling controller I ever used.

Comment

• Lol I forgot about this thread. I guess the Arcade forum has been busy enough with PS4 threads that I just didn't have this one in mind.

Comment

• We preordered this badass. Gonna trade all our PS3 stuff in this week for store credit and then get the PS4 later this month. Looks awesome.

Comment

• Target has an ad right now till the 16 where you can buy two games and get one free. Includes all games, meaning ps4 games are also included.

Some targets and best buys are selling ps4 games.

If you want to take advantage of this, call target to see if they have the games you want.

If not, best buy might have them. Call to see if they have the games then ask them if they could price match the sale. Some people have reported that their best buy will price match targets ad.

Comment

Working...
                      X