No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez-Segura, Golovkin-Stevens: Pre-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez-Segura, Golovkin-Stevens: Pre-Report Card

by Cliff Rold - The building of a potential international star versus the explosion of a well-matched international fight…what does one watch this Saturday night?

The answer, of course, is both. Gennady Golovkin-Curtis Stevens, with undercard support, will be the HBO (10 PM EST/PST) presentation for the evening. Tyson Marquez-Giovani Segura will go live on UniMas (11 PM EST/PST). Whether it airs first or after a support bout remains to be determined. These fights may or may not air at roughly the same time.

Let’s hope they don’t.

If they do, regardless of which fight gets the live treatment, and which goes to DVR for later viewing, fights fans know this: in two marquee matches, four serious punchers will collide at ring center.

If there isn’t at least one devastating knockout on Saturday night, it might just be a Douglas-Tyson level upset. [Click Here To Read More]

Saturday should be a great night of boxing and I'm definitely looking forward to both fights but if I have to DVR one of the fights it won't be the Marquez vs Segura fight. I'm taking bets in the fantasy boxing forums for anyone that wants to get in on it for Marquez vs Segura, I've got Marquez winning it but like the article states this fight is even and anything can happen.

Comment

I'll probably DVR the Marquez vs segura fight for the simple fact my friends have texted me in the past and reined other fight results. GGG vs Stevens is what I really want to see.

Comment

**** ggg vs stevens that deserves a dvr marquez vs segura is the must watch man this is gonna be a battle of wills

Comment

Originally posted by puro dinamita View Post
          **** ggg vs stevens that deserves a dvr marquez vs segura is the must watch man this is gonna be a battle of wills
          Given a choice, the Fly fight is vastly better matched on paper.

Comment

Stevens has better than B+ power- he has pretty elite power that makes him live against anybody. I like Golovkin by KO, but Stevens beating anybody would hardly be the biggest upset of the year. He's one of those ultra-talented underachievers that can box a bit and take your head off. He has the capability to beat anyone on a given night.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDodgers View Post
              Stevens has better than B+ power- he has pretty elite power that makes him live against anybody. I like Golovkin by KO, but Stevens beating anybody would hardly be the biggest upset of the year. He's one of those ultra-talented underachievers that can box a bit and take your head off. He has the capability to beat anyone on a given night.

Comment

Anybody know what channel the Marquez vs Segura fight is on?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDodgers View Post
                  Maybe. His power hasn't been able to overcome anything above B-level comp, and that includes guys who get stopped otherwise.

Comment

This is why I got a DVR. Got to watch Stevens get Good Boy'd live, then Marquez-Segura after. Sounds good

I got Marquez beating Segura, but it's a hard fight to pick. Segura's crudeness makes it hard for me to pick him, Viloria picked him apart. His physical strength and determination will make it war, but Tyson should get to him enough to stop him late in a FOTY canidate.

Bell. Stevens walks out. He meets GGG's fist. And the fight's over.

Comment

Working...
                    X