No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigo-Lomachenko Bout Presents Civilized Alternative

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigo-Lomachenko Bout Presents Civilized Alternative

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Connoisseurs of subtlety, unite.

While a majority of fans, broadcasters and experts seem to wet their collective pants at the idea of a slugfest and spend sleepless nights pining for a redux of Arturo Gatti vs. Micky Ward I, II or III, it’s not as if the rest of the boxing world has nothing to live for beyond mindless rock ‘em, sock ‘em robots.

Though it’s true that the over-the-top brutality of James Kirkland vs. Glen Tapia transforms Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman into shrilling tweens at a One Direction show, it’s no less true that the guys at the top of most top-performer lists—Floyd Mayweather Jr., Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley—would sooner be masterful than maniacal when defending their pound-for-pound turfs. [Click Here To Read More]

Rigondull aint getting a HBO date for a looooooooooonnnnnggggg time bro.

His bull**** is costing them money, go back to olympics.

Comment

Spot on, couldn't agree with you more.

No....Wait.....You don't know shit about boxing.

Comment

I know about business and Rigo dont make dollars he barely make cents......

Comment

I want Lomachenko to be successful.... This would be the stupidest thing they could do next year, but great for Rigo maybe wont advance his career all that much beating a guy with less than 5 fights but it will give him the status and bragging rights of being the better boxer which impact their amateur careers legacy incidentally. But all that being said LOMACHENKO himself said in the post fight interview he was no fking way ready for Rigondeaux so he is smart if anything you guys want him to crash before he ever takes off.

Comment

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fighting each other this early is not in the best interest of either fighter.

For Loma, it would be suicide. Taking on a seasoned, world class veteran in your second fight is insane enough. Challenging a P4P player and one of the best technicians in the world in your 3rd fight?! If Loma gets past Salido (hardly a given, though I hope he will), he should settle the eff down and fight some fringe world class/second rate opponents before he takes on the true elite.

And as things stand now, Rigo has very little to gain from this fight. Loma has the potential to become a very lucrative, high profile opponent for him down the line, but if the fight gets made this early, it will be at best a cult favorite.

I say let Loma ease into the pro ranks, get some fame and build a bit of a pro resume before they fight.

Comment

rigonedull only laanded 17% of his punches vs agbeko and has been down twice from light punches he should go back to the amatrues to try for a 3rd gold metal

Comment

Rigo has to take every fight they offer to him, because simply no one wants to fight him. Everybody is afraid and the perfect excuse is his supposedly boring style. Santa Cruz, Donaire everybody has scare and the promoters don't want to loose their cash cows. Also for him will be hard to make this good show, because soon after the oponents feel his power began the defense and protection mode. Nonito really didn't engaged, and Adbeko less. I love to see Rigo, but he is too good for the boxers around him and also the promoters didn't help him. Is a shame of mediocrity in this sport, where all the untalented fighters are making him a boycott just because he is too good

Comment

Bradley never schooled old Marquez

C´mon Lyle be fair Bradley vs Marquez was a close fight but the mexican was not prime at 40 years of age. if you make a poll you´l see that only a few like Rigo´s chess matches that style cant sell much....

Comment

You could be a genius but really boring. No one stays around to see artists paint, do you? You applaud the finished product. He won't make money that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X