Hector Camacho RIP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Why would gang members target him?
    I work with a load of Puerto Ricans & they seem to think it's just a random shooting. A car was blocking the road, Camacho's mate (the bloke driving the car) got out to speak/argue & he got shot then shots were fired into the car, hitting Camacho.

One guy, an ex boxer, is going back to visit his mum in January & he said he won't be leaving the house after dark. Not because of this incident but just because P.R. is in a bad way at the moment.

Comment

Another man in the driver's seat of the car, identified as Adrian Alberto Mojica Moreno, 49, of Toa Baja, died in the attack, in which at least one gunman opened fire on their vehicle in Bayamon, according to a statement from police.

Mojica Moreno's relationship to Camacho wasn't immediately known, but on Wednesday, detective Alex Diaz told ESPN.com that Mojica Moreno had nine bags of cocaine in his possession with a 10th bag open in the Ford Mustang, which was registered to Mojica Moreno. He had been arrested for possession of controlled substances in April 2012, according to Diaz.

The bullet apparently struck Camacho in the jaw but exited his head and lodged in his right shoulder and fractured two vertebrae, Torres said. Mojica Moreno was shot right next to his Ford Mustang as he got out and tried to flee while Camacho was shot in the passenger's seat.
      Camacho has a career record of 79-6-3 (38 KOs), with his most recent fight coming in 2010.

Camacho has faced drug, alcohol and other problems since the prime of his boxing career. He was sentenced in 2007 to seven years in prison for the burglary of a computer store in Mississippi. While arresting him on the burglary charge in January 2005, police also found the drug Ecstasy.

A judge eventually suspended all but one year of the sentence and gave Camacho probation. He wound up serving two weeks in jail, though, after violating that probation.

Twice his wife filed domestic abuse complaints against him, and she filed for divorce several years ago.

Comment

Sad, sad state of events again.

Please...no more.

Comment

Whatever the details, this is very sad.

Comment

Just heard today, his days are numbered. He's now been pronounced brain dead. Latest news is family members are fighting over whether to keep him on life support. I say let the guy's suffering end.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Just heard today, his days are numbered. He's now been pronounced brain dead. Latest news is family members are fighting over whether to keep him on life support. I say let the guy's suffering end.
              Boxingscene reported a while ago that they are taking him off life support.

Comment

This is rather sad. Hector had amazing talent but the parties and drugs led him down a dangerous road. My condolences to him mom and family.

Comment

The last word...

It's official, Camacho succumbed to cardiac arrest before anyone pulled the plug from life support systems.

RIP, Hector.

Comment

R.I.P. champ

Comment

RIP macho...

Comment

Working...
                      X