No announcement yet.

MICHAEL BUFFER ring announcer Dereck Chisora and David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICHAEL BUFFER ring announcer Dereck Chisora and David Haye

The legendary ring announcer has made £300million from the most famous phrase in boxing.

And Buffer will belt out his unmistakable ‘Let’s get ready to rumble’ introduction before the British bad-boys clash in The Sun-backed fight at Upton Park in two weeks’ time.

The American has worked with the biggest names in the sport in a 30-year career and cannot wait for the bout.

He said: “I’m surprised a fight like this was made as it’s no secret they haven’t been sharing afternoon tea lately.

“This is legitimately the biggest heavyweight fight of the year. We have two men who have no love for each other, willing to put it all on the line.

“I can’t wait to see who will prevail on the pitch at Upton Park. I expect the crowd will be large and electric.”

Haye and Chisora go head-to-head after their Munich brawl in February following Del Boy’s points defeat to WBC heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko.

The Brits’ explosive confrontation led to calls for the pair to do it all again — but with gloves on.

Buffer, 67, is one of a host of top names who will be ringside at West Ham where officials are expecting to hang up ‘sold out’ signs.

Vietnam war veteran Buffer has built a thriving business around his catchphrase.

It has made him a fortune as he protects his trademark with worldwide copyrights, played himself in films like Rocky Balboa and been animated in The Simpsons and South Park.

Chisora has played down a heated gym-session row with his trainer Don Charles.

Del Boy said: “We are always arguing ahead of fights.

“When a fight as big as this is coming up, tensions are going to be high.

“We were both cool again soon after and now we’re focused on beating Haye.”

I expected him to announce the fight. Great news.

Comment

same night as khan garcia. quite suprised he choose this one but right decision imo. makes the fight even better

Comment

Dang.... he made half a billion dollars announcing?

Comment

I was wondering how much he charges a fight. I thought maybe 10k, 20k but since he made 300Million UK pounds, he must charge a ****ing lot LOL.

Then it got me thinking, I want to be him LOL.

Also he is 67 Yers old. Damn he is healthy looking.

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
            I was wondering how much he charges a fight. I thought maybe 10k, 20k but since he made 300Million UK pounds, he must charge a ****ing lot LOL.

Then it got me thinking, I want to be him LOL.

Also he is 67 Yers old. Damn he is healthy looking.
            Michael "Money" Buffer

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Michael "Money" Buffer
              Michael Monaaaaaaaaaay BUUUUFF FER!!!!

He must take a million for a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Michael Monaaaaaaaaaay BUUUUFF FER!!!!

He must take a million for a big fight.

i wish we could all be so lucky!

i bet he probaby gets at the very least five figures per fight. probably higher for the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguruuk View Post
                  The legendary ring announcer has made £300million from the most famous phrase in boxing.

And Buffer will belt out his unmistakable ‘Let’s get ready to rumble’ introduction before the British bad-boys clash in The Sun-backed fight at Upton Park in two weeks’ time.

The American has worked with the biggest names in the sport in a 30-year career and cannot wait for the bout.

He said: “I’m surprised a fight like this was made as it’s no secret they haven’t been sharing afternoon tea lately.

“This is legitimately the biggest heavyweight fight of the year. We have two men who have no love for each other, willing to put it all on the line.

“I can’t wait to see who will prevail on the pitch at Upton Park. I expect the crowd will be large and electric.”

Haye and Chisora go head-to-head after their Munich brawl in February following Del Boy’s points defeat to WBC heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko.

The Brits’ explosive confrontation led to calls for the pair to do it all again — but with gloves on.

Buffer, 67, is one of a host of top names who will be ringside at West Ham where officials are expecting to hang up ‘sold out’ signs.

Vietnam war veteran Buffer has built a thriving business around his catchphrase.

It has made him a fortune as he protects his trademark with worldwide copyrights, played himself in films like Rocky Balboa and been animated in The Simpsons and South Park.

Chisora has played down a heated gym-session row with his trainer Don Charles.

Del Boy said: “We are always arguing ahead of fights.

“When a fight as big as this is coming up, tensions are going to be high.

“We were both cool again soon after and now we’re focused on beating Haye.”

The very first sentence tells us all how stupid boxing fans are. Although reading almost all the posts here could t..............

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i wish we could all be so lucky!

i bet he probaby gets at the very least five figures per fight. probably higher for the big ones.
                    Probably gets ringside seats to all the best fights too.

Turn up somewhere speak for a couple of minutes and get paid millions, and you get to be ringside at most of the best fights in the world.

Dream job.

Comment

Working...
                    X